What mobile phone do you have?

iPhone 8

New job has a BYOD policy for phones. They’ll pay my monthly plan which is cool (haven’t paid a mobile phone bill in 17 years) but I’m faced with having to actually choose a phone instead of just going with whatever shite work gives me for a change.
Best plan I can see for my needs involves a Samsung Galaxy S8 - thoughts on this phone?

I have S7 presume its more or less the same. Couldnt fault it

1 Like

Got it recently from work. Very similar to 6 and 7. Edge is as standard now. Pretty good phone as you would expect.

1 Like

Very very very unusual in the year 2017 that a company won’t provide a phone for their sales reps. Must be an awful joke shop outfit.
Are you at least getting a car?

1 Like

You’re not the brightest boy in the class are you?

I’ve heard very little on the S8, which is probably a good thing.
I have an S7 and it’s very good.

1 Like

Time for me to renew my work phone. Choice is S8 or iPhone 7. I currently have an iPhone 6. I’ve had an iPhone for last 5 years or so now I think. Thinking of making the switch.

@briantinnion or @anon26343222 could you give me a detailed comparison of the 2 phones along with your recommendation by lunchtime today?

Thanks, HB.

Sure how the fuck would i know anything about phones. I have a piece of shit myself!! Lunch time to me is 2 ó clock!

Is it not a choice between what OS and UI you prefer

I’m disappointed in you, pal. Another couple of those and you’ll be out on your ear.

Yeah I guess so, just been years since I had a Samsung phone. Think it might’ve been the S2 or 3. Kept turning itself off and getting really hot in my pocket. I have a Samsung tablet alright that’s a few years old that’s ok. Just wondering if anyone has experience of the two. From the spec it looks like the iPhone 7 has a better speaker than the 6 and not much else.

iPhone 7 better than 6. Have had both.

iPhone 7 - no issues at all with it.

1 Like

What’s the answer anyway I don’t fancy clicking on and reading down?

Samsung 8 unless you prefer iOS

:information_source:

How?

iPhone all day.

Brooklyn is to Manhattan as Samsung is to Apple.

1 Like

Thanks, brian but unfortunately you’ve just missed the lunchtime cut off so your response is ineligible. Yourself and your bezzer codegreen are on thin ice.