What mobile phone do you have?

You’d want to have your head examined to buy a Huawei phone.

What if it’s given to you?

Even worse.

That’s how they get you

As opposed to Apple and Samsung who demand you pay a premium to earn the right for them to spy on you. They’re all at it.

The missus just bought a Huawei. I presume the Chinese are now monitoring my every movement? I’ve spent the morning praising Xi Jinping and extolling the virtues Xi Jinping thought just to be safe.

1 Like

All the techies, My phone has been acting up for the last month or so, opening apps that it shouldn’t have etc, yesterday the battery died twice.
I have a Huawei Y6 (16GB with 2 GB RAM), there is only 3.1GB of memory left. The processor appears fine, it has slowed slightly in the last week.
Would a factory re-set help? Will I merely run into the same problem when I re-instate apps like Whatsapp etc that are hogging much of the memory anyway?

That’s just the Chinese secret service downloading all of your data. It takes them a few weeks and then the phone will be grand again.

4 Likes

I hope you aren’t posting off that phone. You are putting all of us at risk

2 Likes

Yea, you should back it up to a PC and then do a factory reset. If it still acts the maggot then, it looks like it’s on the way out. If not then restore the backup and try figure out what is causing the problem.

Yes plug your Hussein into your pc. That sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

Have you installed any apps that have lots of ads?

Is whatsapp automatically saving images/videos to your gallery?

That I am not sure about

Not particularly, mostly banking apps, twitter and strava. I have only downloaded and kept about 5 apps, had one or two like yR weather app until before Xmas but that’s gone

Well it is if you don’t want to loose all your contacts, photos, videos and apps after a reset.

To be on the safe side you could unplug your ethernet cable, turn off the wifi, block the camera lens and…

Has the latest androi d update just made it more like an iPhone? I don’t like it.

My phone is out of contract. Its on bill pay. How can i convert to pay as you go (i have a work phone as well just dont want to get rid of a number iv had for 15 years)

And whats cheapest way of keeping the number alive?

You can keep the number no matter what you do.

1 Like