What mobile phone do you have?

What would be looking for in a plan?

Loads of minutes or lots of data?

Walk into any shop tell them you want a pay as you go SIM and tell them your number.

1 Like

Data. But wouldnt need huge allowance

Sim only plan any use to you?

2 Likes

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-details/Virgin-Mobile/Unlimited/

Similar to what @Copper_pipe has listed. Sim Only from Virgin.

Here is a list of them:
https://switcher.ie/mobiles/guides/sim-only/compare-sim-only-bill-pay-deals/

Good job I held off buying the p30. Sucks if you’ve recently bought a huawei

1 Like

What network does lyca use?

Three

1 Like

Crikey, I nearly bought one.
Does anyone know, will the roll out of 5g mean that you need a new phone?

Yes, most phones don’t currently have the hardware to use 5G.

1 Like

Yep, you’ll need a 5g phone. Remember when you had to get rid of your 088 phone…

OnePlus have just released a 5g phone which gives serious bang for buck but I’d wait for significant rollout of the network before buying otherwise you’ll be sitting in Gregg’s in Bolton with only 4g coverage.

2 Likes

Would a 5g phone work for 4g?

Yep, but kinda pointless having one for 4g

The operators don’t really have much use for 5G at the moment is my understanding. 5G is significantly faster than 4G, but on a phone you will struggle to notice the difference. 5G range is much shorter which will mean a lot more phone masts needed, but they won’t be seen for a few years yet.

Saw a video last week of a sppedtest in Vegas when the 5g speeds were in excess of 1gb

Agree about rollout and lack of availability

Bonus time for sports clubs to get masts up

1 Like

If only there was someone about with time on their hands who knew how to put it all together

I was told by someone that its being rolled out in the UK fairly soon.

Do you have “an inside man” in the telecoms industry or was it the girls in Greggs that told you.

2 Likes

U can port number to VF PAYG,my e20 gets me free weekend unlimited data/ calls/ SMS,plus 100 minutes normal time and unlimited texts, 25 GB ( extra 5 GB to some customers) great speeds