What mobile phone do you have?

Would you notice that on your phone though? It is much faster and needs to be for IoT, but not sure it will make much difference to phone users except coverage should be more widespread. Operators here are rolling it out so they can say they have the best 5G network, but a network engineer I speak to fairly often doesn’t know what they will do with the service for the next few years.

Personally I wouldn’t ever,ever again go near eir, customer care is shite,in fact worse than shite- substandard service compared to VF ( best in Ireland definitely

You’d notice if you’re gaming or watching a lot of videos. Less lag and buffering

1 Like

It always gives me a little lift when the lady in greggs knows my order.

Anyone here ever use Travel WiFi in Europe? Gets great reviews

Also, will Sky go work overseas

Not without a vpn the last time I tried.

1 Like

Anyone who leaves the country should be on a Vodafone plan. €1.99 per day to use your home allowance in the EEA and €2.99 for USA / Canada. It’s savage value.

4 Likes

Yeah I jave plenty allowance myself. But this travel wifi option costs 80 quid for a fortnight for unlimited wifi (off a dongle) that gives essentially 4g coverage to up to 10 devices. Handy to have wifi to entertain kids at times

I thought eu law meant that your allowance, both phone and Internet, had to be as in your own country anywhere in the eu?

That’s correct.

I think.

Im on eir, but require stateside data usage in a few months time. Any recommendations?

Worked for me in Spain

A mifi device and local data Card is a good idea for holidays.

1 Like

Vodafone.
Mifi and data sim. Or pick up any local data sim over there.

1 Like

Pick up a sim card in the airport on the other side if you are going to be needing it for a while

1 Like

anyone get the oneplus 7 yet?

the S8 will be consigned to the bin soon.

Two weeks but i think i will do that

What phone have you?

You’ll have to make sure it’s unlocked

The S8 is pretty much as good as anything out there right now. S9 and S10 have essentially the same spec as S8 barring a few minor tweaks.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8161&idPhone2=8966&idPhone3=9536

Phones haven’t moved on in any meaningful way in about 5 years. You can tell by the advertising for them.
Them: We have re-imagined the camera.
Me: Have you yeah? It’s a camera, it’ll take a few pictures. Fuck off with your bullshit.

If your S8 is still in good order and your contract is about to expire I’d hold it and move to a sim only plan.

3 Likes

unfortunately i dropped the S8 about a week after i bought it so it has a few cracks on the screen.

I’ll be going sim free but will probably buy a phone and I’m not shelling out a grand for a samsung or an apple so itll probably be the OP7, unless there’s a really good offering on billpay

My contract is nearly up. I’m kind of tied to Vodafone because of where I live.
Best I can see on billpay 24 month contract €40pm is S8 for free via CarPhoneWarehouse.

1 Like