What mobile phone do you have?

Vodafone will unlock free of charge. You will need the model number of the phone so they can unlock it.

1 Like

They wouldn’t do it for a family member a couple of months ago; the original owner of the phone had sadly passed away and the relative wanted to give away her phone to another but Vodafone refused to unlock it without the permission of the original owner. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What information would the original owner have that ye might not know?
I mean could one of ye not pretend it was her.
The questions would be around what type of contract is it and it is pre pay or ready to go etc I think.

Are you suggesting to engage in fraud?

The interwebs is a dangerous place to hang out.

Need a new phone; any recommendations for something in the €300 range?

I bought an Oppo android off Amazon there recently. A grand yoke

Pixel 6a from adverts for 350. Can’t go wrong.

Ffs I just sold a pixel 7 pro A class

With an otter box cover for e250
Didn’t think to put anything about it here
( beautiful chalk colour)

And traded in a pixel watch, silver , A condition in cex against an Apple Watch 8
For 178 ( Blackpool shopping centre)

Went back to Apple ( 14 pro max)

You love the bit of wheeling and dealing in the phones, don’t you?!

1 Like

Not really, but wanted back to Apple despite all my grumbling in the past about them

Also another 2 months and I’d get way less for the pixel

Bought a 4 wk old 14 pro max for e1000
Couldn’t refuse

Looking for a very basic phone… calls and texts and WhatsApp only. Any ideas?

If you are on a sim only plan where is the best place online to buy an unlocked phone?

That refurb crowd are good value and they stand over their stuff.Check them out.

1 Like
3 Likes

What’s the downside/catch to GoMo they advertise 14.99 a month for calls/data

I’m with them for years…zero catch as far as I can make out. Never got a bill higher than the fixed number…even if using abroad etc

4 Likes

Only time mine was up was when i called UK numbers. I just use whats app for that now

1 Like

Same as @gilgamboa ,I’m with them years with no bother.Ive 2 Sim’s for 26 euro a month.

1 Like

I’m on 48. I got in early at 7.99 per month. Think it might be 12.99 now as well for new customers. No problems at all with it.

1 Like

Contacted Vodafone
586 termination fee!!
contract up in 10 months, will 100% move when up
Gougers