What mobile phone do you have?

Is it gouging if you signed the contract?

You’re paying for the phone over 2 years.

2 Likes

I was with 48 on that deal but I had to change when I moved house and had no 48 signal in the new place so had to switch to go mo.

The only thing I found with 48 was I could never get roaming to work when abroad.

They’ve fixed that. I used to have to go through some amount of hoops even when I went up to Belfast. They issued new SIM cards last year and no problem since. Now, I don’t know if they work outside EU. The only time I was outside EU with them I picked up a local SIM

GoMo peeps, does it support WiFi calling. I’ve shit signal in my house. I’m with Clear Mobile but they do not support WiFi calling.

It does.

Anu other network in Ireland support it bar Eir?

I don’t know tbh. Only knew answer to above as have both kids on gomo. Would be on gomo myself but on work phone

Yes it does.

I turn off my data when I’m in Switzerland, the cost wracks up if you leave it on.

I’d highly reccomend them. Got it it at 12.99e a few years back & it never went up. Go over it sometimes entering in the odd competition!

1 Like

Hoppy uses it no bother and my pal has just ordered the same. It’s 1499 a month unlimited now.

Does anybody use a dual SIM phone btw?

We both used it in Italy last year. We were there for 8 nights and most nights would use it as a hotspot for streaming something on Netflix. Would turn it on and off during day, taking advantage of wi fi where it was freely available, but neither of us went close to using up the 10GB allowance

1 Like

I had a virtual sim on my phone in the US, turn that on and my data off for my irish phone. Worked the finest, only got it for data etc.

1 Like

Yes. My phone is old so have two actual SIMs rather than a virtual but presume they work similarly.

You can set one as your default for calls or select ‘always ask’. Easier to select a default primary particularly for making calls in the car.

Both SIMs are on for calls always, easy to switch back and forth for data. For text messages you just press a little icon to select which SIM to send from.

Is it easy to switch back and over ?
My pal suspects it’ll be easier to get a second phone tbh

tis easy enough flatty. if your phone supports virtual sim then just download the airalo app and before you go abroad buy the e-sim for that country. the app has tutorials for how to activate and deactive the esim

itll change your life in ways you never thought possible

1 Like

With Switzerland being outside the EU the data goes in minutes and you get fleeced.

Yeah very easy. If your phone has the capability definitely better than 2 phones

Was thinking about UK and Irish Sims in wan phone.