What’s your financial situation

Build.

Don’t build for fuck sake. Greatest waste of money.

1 Like

At current house prices for something decent to then pump more money into it. All this money gone in & your looking at things you can’t change.
Build if on the money is finished up to modern specs, will be more efficient to heat etc. Done the way he wants it, done for good.

Wait for the next crash, it’s coming.

It’s more expensive to build a house than it is to buy one. It’s gone bananas the last few years.

4 Likes

Unless you can do the work yourself

1 Like

Its tricky… You need to set limits around this stuff. If you don’t and get greedy you’ll build a world of pain in no time.

1 Like

Ya, but then you’re not out earning a wage.

1 Like

I know a lad who was doing his house evenings and weekends in the summer and out working during the week.

Did he build the whole lot himself?

For every person who perceived themselves to have been mugged off by the Irish banks there must have been a hundred who unwittingly mugged off the banks by taking the offer of a tracker mortgage. They are the best financial wheeze ever.

7 Likes

He did the ground work and all the block work. Did the windows etc. He didnt do the plumbing or electric

1 Like

I do know a good mate that lifted a piece at at time to build his own house, and did a fine job of it

I’m just about getting along…but I’d have to be a millionaire to live like this in Monaco

1 Like

If it is a one plan go to a broker and get rid of it. Might knock €30 a month off it. Irish Life are expensive for these things.

You could get a decent dual plan for handy money, ie it will pay on the death of both parties. If you passed the mortgage is gone, if your missus does within the plan the kids get the money. You can link it with a serious illness plan for similar money. Way smarter plan than Irish Life and their one plan. They are very expensive. Life cover is what it is, you have to die to get it. Royal London or even VHI will do way cheaper plans than them. I am guessing is your mortgage is with AIB. By any chance was it an in house advisor selling the plan?

1 Like

I’ve about 40k in the bank, 5k in cash in my sock drawer and around 3k worth of ante post dockets for Cheltenham.

6 Likes

Its just occurred to me that I’d have to be a millionaire to live like this in Singapore

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Where do you live? I know a boy or two would be interested in your sock drawer.

Nothing worse than soggy banknotes

1 Like