Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

I briefly worked with Lorcan years ago. He’d walk into the building with the sunglasses on. Used to say “thumb me a text” if he wanted something to get in touch. Seemed an alright sort actually.

1 Like

Ronan is Fizzboro’s finest a daycent man and a fine dj

She sounds edgy alright.

I enjoy that programme

One of my favourite internet moments was when Ronan Collins had to issue a public denial that he had represented Ireland in weightlifting in the 1968 Olympics after Kylie Fan had started a rumor to that effect on AFR. Collins had been commentating on the weightlifting at the Olympics

14 Likes

I may have some of the details wrong here, but Murray had landed a good 2fm daily slot in the late 90s/ early 00s. Within a few years, he was in the radio dj purgatory that was Clare FM.

The story goes that he was serving some kind of penance for an on-air faux pas. I think he had someone on for a competition on 2FM who did crap at a quiz. After the usual “hard luck there Breda” guff, Lorcan forgot to turn off his mic and said something along the lines of “what kind of fucking eejit wouldn’t know that answer?”. He got the curly finger. After his rehabilitation on local radio, Lyric FM called him back into the fold as their few listeners wouldn’t have had a clue about his 2FM stuff. This is from what I recall, but I could have it arseways a bit.

3 Likes

Story goes about jimmy ladane (sp) got fucked off the limerick radio for playing the bee gees staying alive after the obituaries.

He ended up teaching French in Sextons, he also had no toes on one of his feet but thats an aside

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Think I heard that one alright before

I’d know him to say hello to as we had kids on the same class, seems like a very nice fella

A lovely girl - here’s her significant other as Del would say. A style icon….

Had the misfortune to hear the very appropriately titled crappy quiz on Off the ball last night. 2 minutes and back to podcasts. It was seriously the worst thing I’ve heard on radio, 3 or 4 (not sure because everyone was talking/shouting over each other) grown men trying desperately to be funny. Woeful…

1 Like

How do they think it’s funny? Awful stuff.

1 Like

Brendan Courtney knocking it out of the park this morning. He has a great way about him.

It’s actual horrendous to listen to, something like the yanks would use to torture prisoners in Abu Graib

2 Likes

Does anyone in real life or tfk think this is good or even not terrible. It’s outrageously self indulgent. And I like off the ball

Haven’t listened to that for years. Surprised it is still tolerated.

Ronans lovely mix of music is going to be missed.

2 Likes

He’s boorish, smug, mirthless and a bore of gargantuan proportions.
A tight, miserable cunt as well.

2 Likes

A C.u.n.t.