Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

@backinatracksuit Dave Fanning was interviewing Niall from the Sultans earlier. Some documentary about them on 2fm Monday evening plus two shows in Cork next week

Former COTY champion BOC had them on on RTE1 earlier. Bunch of Cork chaps as far as I could make out. BOC fawning and interjecting with his by now standard “Listen, c’mere’. A perennial cunt.

5 Likes

You’ve ruined it on me now

I haven’t, BOC was only shooting the breeze with them about their ‘success’.
Typical Cork interchange - they might as well have been the Rolling Stones.

2 Likes

I didn’t hear that but Brendan O’Connor had two of them on as well this morning, good interview, that doc should be interesting, they were good times in the Cork music scene

The singer is a history lecturer in King’s College London now

Id say oconnors tongue had to be surgically removed from his arse

2 Likes

Yes, the original 4 were all very intelligent chaps, they’ve all done well for themselves outside of music.

There was a lovely retrospective with Cosi Fanni Tutti of Throbbing Gristle on Bbc6 as I was driving down to the match in Dungarvan today. I’m sure it’s available on the BBC sounds app.

Was driving up from the sisters house earlier and the drama on radio one was something called “personal space” about a girl with OCD who killed her flatmate. I’d heard it before while driving up from the sisters house in the last couple of years. Uncanny.

It’s a bank holiday staple

The lovely Louise laying down a marker on her track today, The Pixies and Here Comes Your Man

:clap:

2 Likes

Shes a cracker.

Ronan was back last Minday interviewing the great Mick Hanley. Could have been a repeat of course.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/2xm/clips/11494101/

Looking forward to listening

That timeless classic ‘She’s got you’ by Patsy Cline set new standards on todays show.

2 Likes

She tries a lovely mix to keep veteran old timers like yourself and new old timers like myself happy. I think shes great.

3 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0222/1358204-dave-fanning-to-step-back-from-weekend-2fm-show/

Listened to her a couple of times this week. Not bad. Comes across as a nice girl

1 Like