Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

The chap on from 05:30 is very good. Shane something. Has good bantz with Darren and the traffic lady.

1 Like

That fella has the easiest job going. Flick through the papers, plays a thought for the day. Talks a bit of shite to the traffic lady, a business journo and the Dazzler or Des

1 Like

Shay?? Seems like a good egg, there’s a bit of John Creedon about him, very comfortable banter

4 Likes

Shay Byrne. He must be doing that a decade or more at this stage. Replaced Maxi

I like him a lot. Think he’s a limerick lad? He played Celine Dion once for us as a joke after we asked him to play us something else. The bollix.

1 Like

He’s a Dub

1 Like

Should have guessed. Sound cunt.

1 Like

You couldn’t trust a Limerick lad to be on time for a 5:30am slot.

4 Likes

And the only person in the whole country listening to him is @Corksfinedtboy

1 Like

@iron_mike might be warming up the car around then for a leisurely saunter up to Castlebar to do a day’s work.

3 Likes

Out wiping the windscreen with a bag of warm water.

1 Like

Nah, I’d be just finishing the spuds

1 Like

:clap::wave:

I love the jingle that comes on at half 5 when he starts.The bants between himself and the traffic lad is very natural.You never hear the traffic lad talking to anyone only about the morning commute.

Brendan o connor is interviewing Margaret Atwood at the moment. She is amazing, a wonderful woman. Sharp as a tack. O Connor is struggling badly, reminiscent of tubridy trying to interview a sportsman.

2 Likes

I had that on in the background, it was painful at times from BOC’s end, lots of long pauses and jumping around from topic to topic like a bullock let out from the shed. It wasnt as if Atwood was saying anything controversial or even all that unexpected.

2 Likes

O’Connor getting paid the guys of 250k a year is fucking nuts.

1 Like

Shannonside Northern Sound have a new lady on today for news and weather.
I didn’t catch her name - yet - but she has a voice and accent that would moider you.

It’s somewhat like the sound a chainsaw makes when idling before turning into that screechy noise you’d get from unfortunate interactions with a blackboard.

1 Like

RTE Gold has the legend that is Ronan Collins blasting out his selection of classic hits from 10-1 everyday. His easy, laid-back style and music choices are just the job.
Clare Byrne on 1 and Joe Finnegan on Shannonside can forget about it after this.

Gerry Rafferty currently knocking it out of the park with Baker Street :+1:

6 Likes

Ronan had a handy one hour show on radio one and he does this big emotional farewell just before Christmas. Then the cunt turns up on Gold working longer hours two months later. Hmmm.

4 Likes