Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

was he selling or promoting something?

His bands upcoming appearance at Electric Picnic

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd said he’d be on discussing the rise in Covid numbers

Nothing to worry about according to the Doc,
Transmissible but not harmful

Sensible as ever

At half eleven there you could have had a choice of Colm Brophy and Roisin Shortall talking shite about Ryan Tubridy to Claire Byrne or Kneel Richmond and Rose Conway Walsh talking shite about Ryan Tubridy to Jonathan Healy standing in for Pat Kenny. Lyric comes in handy at times.

2 Likes

If my laptop wasn’t on the blink I’d post up the bit from Father Ted where half the screen is the goings on in the Craggy Island Parochial Houseand the other half is the identical goings on in the Rugged Island Parochial House.

2 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd you called out Liz Nolan lovely once, she’s awful to listen to. People in the country don’t talk like that, she’s probably a wagon away from it as well. Lorcan Murray holds that station up on his own.

Tracey Clifford bangin out the choons fair play to her. Its a arm out the car window cruiser of a day

This Maura Derrane one is terrible. I’ve heard her mention twice now that John fixed a sink that the shop told him to replace. Her trip to Galway with her sister Barbara and her nephew Ethan. Some tnh/linked in pearl of wisdom that her son Cal shared with her. It’s dire.

1 Like

Is Claire Byrne back by any chance? I’m listening to the Desert Island Disks recommendation from another thread.

She wasn’t yesterday Colm O Mongain was in the hot seat.

Listened to him yesterday alright.

Claire is back on our airwaves. To her credit, she sounds like she’s getting over a cold. Makes sense, the kids are back at school and sure you pick up all sorts with what they bring back to the house.
cc. @myboyblue

1 Like

Or the roaster way, with the arm either hanging out, or out but resting up on the roof.

1 Like

BOC with a great interview with Lol Tolhurst of the Cure here, he’s in his element

Ronan Mullen having a meltdown here on Newstalk

Lol has a book out on the Goth phenomenon

Have had the good fortune to listen to Shay Byrne all this week. The music is superb. But the craic he has with those who contribute to the show is the highlight. All are at their ease with Shay, even if Des Cahill is still being a bit of a cunt.

2 Likes

Shay has a great self deprecating way about him.

1 Like

Heard him joshing with the business news chap this morning