Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

A lovely documentary on RTE 1 just there about a Marine from mayo called Patrick Gallagher who won the navy cross for bravery but was killed in an ambush days before leaving Vietnam

2 Likes

It’s up as a podcast

2 Likes

It was very sad.

Just listening to all the salt of the earth Dubbalin types in Grafon street with Joe Duffy. Not sure if Syl Fox was on yet or Brendan O’Carroll blowing about supporting a charity.

1 Like

Joe Duffy manages to patronise and insult everyone he talks to. He is an awful cunt.

2 Likes

June Rogers. Fucks sake.

8Radio is available on weekends in Dublin, and they have their own app were you can listen all week.
Run by Simon Maher, one of original people behind the much missed Phantom.
Impressed any time I’ve listened.

1 Like

Out in the car here. That dreary cunt Leo Varadkar is presenting Late Date on RTE1. Its fuckin dire. One earnest singer songwriter after another. Ok we get it Leo, you really do have a social conscience.

1 Like

I believe a certain Joseph Brolly presented it last night.

The music on radio one is generally woeful. Unlistenable even.

Youre dead right. I believe that less than 1% of_tdunk

Enda would have been blasting out The Boss

1 Like

Irish radio :joy:

They have this cunt or cunts on early morning Sunday and it’s woeful. Yesterday afternoon was awful as well. John Creedon’s is the only decent show.

Leo uses Shazam. It’s great apparently

Leo is pretty hip,he’s with it,lolz

William Hague proved he was down with the young people as Tory leader when he was able to correctly answer that DJ Pied Piper and the Master of Ceremonies were at number 1 in the hit parade during the 2001 UK General Election campaign, but it didn’t pay off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/english/newsid_1363000/1363022.stm

2 Likes

Irish radio is appalling, I was out running for a few hours today, compared to the regional BBC stations, it is absolute rubbish

Brutal. Dave fanning on this morning. Fucks sake

I had to turn it off, couldn’t find one decent stati