Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

Even your one who does the entertainment news in the morning, Paula something?, or Louise Duffy was decent enough when she was on in the afternoon as well.

I stopped listening to 2FM on the drive home when Porter was on. They fucked Will Leahy over on that one as well.

1 Like

Agreed. Dermot & Dave are grand for an hour around lunchtime but 3 hours is way too long to sustain their schtick. Al Porter is insufferable and will finally bury the station.

Louise Duffy seems delightful as well. The lack of female presenters on Irish radio is startling. Granted some are just shit (Lottie), but Curtis and Duffy were generally enjoyable to listen to, but constantly get assigned the death shifts.

Porter was still better than that McDermott cunt on there now, and thats saying something.

Irish radio however is lamentable generally at this stage. Thank God for OTB, even if you would miss Colm off it. Tom Dunne is another highlight.

2 Likes

Going by her Social Media, and questionable acting career, is might be amove that Ms Huberman should consider as well.

Agreed on Lottie. An insufferable cunt.

1 Like

Williams was onthis morning, talking about Gerry Adams in the nude on a trampoline with a teddy bear. Williams is a fairly strange man.

Don’t think I didn’t notice this.

You complete me.

You’re highlighting a problem here in that comedians rarely make good presenters. A life looking for laughs at all costs is horrendous preparation for the task of interviewing people where it should be about them. Graham Norton is by far the best example of a fella who can throw in funny lines while still interviewing someone. Also the fact that comedians on radio are disconnected from their usual instant feedback of laughter allied to their need to fill air means they rabbit on about woeful shite without any actual content. Amen.

1 Like

CC @neildelamere

Will you stop listening to him then FFS

5 Likes

It seems to me reading this thread that folk here listen to radio to be annoyed rather that be informed / entertained .

Kinda like why they watch the Late Late.

Bingo. Irish radio is for two kinds of people - Teenagers and the intellectually challenged… any right minded person is going to take umbrage with the carry on of both parties. Just stop listening to Irish radio.

He’s a creepy cunt. No wonder he gets his kicks snooping around in his car at the dead of night spying on people.

2 Likes

Not really. There’s nothing wrong with giving out about the shite. There’s some great stuff on out there. Ó braonáin, Dunne and even John Creed on do savage music shows. Newstalk has great shows on the weekends and Sean Moncrief is good. Arena is great if it’s stuff your interested in . Pat Kenny and Sean O Rourke are excellent at current affairs.

1 Like

Creedon.

Moncrieff.

Mostly agree but the crew people here are giving out about are omitted from your post .

Creedon is a cock but plays good music.

Moncrief is excellent as an interviewer. He has one too many fruitloops from America who wrote a book and his film reviewer is shit but it’s a small price to pay. I also omitted the king of radio Marty Whelan.

Of course they are. We’re moaning about the shit ones. I’m listening to that cock CoD right now because Cork has shit reception for Rte.

Moncrieff.