Whats the best Irish radio station to listen to?

I don’t mind Sarah but it’s hard to believe that somebody let go by Newstalk has picked up one of the toughest gigs on RTE

John Kelly had yer man the playwright Enda Walsh on last night. They both reckoned that their first gig was the Horslips at Jambarora in Mount Melleray in 1977. Jambarora was the celebration of 50 years of the Catholic Boy Scouts of Ireland. Were any of our TFK royalty at Jambarora? Cc @balbec cc @ciarancareyshurlingarmy

Great playlist btw

Good one, you ould codger

It isn’t really .

I think I might have missed that by a year but I do remember the Jamborora song. Kilmallock CBSI did go camping :ok_hand: to Lismore in ‘79. I remember Graeme Mul’s father Tommy leading the singing of “Up the Junction” around the campfire.

1 Like

How twee

1 Like

I knew you would appreciate it.

as the swan slowly roasted on the fire…

1 Like

Jambarora Jambarora fifty years agora?

1 Like

He comes across as a complete tosser on radio
He’s always moaning about RTE gold having no resources. Get the fucking message Leahy - you weren’t wanted by the big boys and have now being farmed out to the MLS of elite radio presenters.

He’s knocking it out of the park right now

Damon Albarn effort at an interview on Ian Dempsey show this morning could be charitably described as minimalist.

Bizarre behaviour. I turned over but I don’t know why presenters don’t just hang up on them when they’re acting the cunt like that.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/im-very-upset-and-disappointed-today-fm-cancels-nadine-oregans-show-songs-in-the-key-of-life-37037644.html

Thank Christ, it was absolutely terrible.

Anytime I heard it, it was fairly fawning/gushing type of stuff

I thought we all agreed John Kelly is the only music show to be listened to on the island

Nadine has a lovely voice.

I’d listen to her talk gibberish all day long.

1 Like

It was John Creedon mate, Kelly for snobs

“In the most recent JNLR survey in April, the show had gained 2,000 listeners since last year, reaching its highest listenership ever”

:smile:

1 Like