Whatsapp as gaeilge, ‘Big Gaeilge’

Not having that. You’d need to ensure the apples were identical. Stick to rigging the school system in favour of the sharp elbowed native diesel Volvo SUV drivers.

There is an Educate Together Secondary School in Harold’s Cross which is non fee paying and open to boys.

2 Likes

Not sure the Educate Together philosophy adopted from the university campuses of North America would be too happy with you using the term ‘boys’.

D6W

That would be the postcode Dublin 6W, not Dublin 6 as posted on their website Bucko.

Knock yourself out with this. It’s a savage resource.

1 Like

No you haven’t.

You’ve tried all sorts, including the embarrassing crutch of bringing up fee paying schools.

I already answered your question (another hard of comprehension skills). In fact I answered it the last time you brought it up months ago.

Like the fee paying schools, you seem to have trotted out the same old handy like points without dealing with what was asked.

Once again;

This is far more discriminatory than any GS admission policy. That and the 8k per annum fees that your average immigrant won’t be able to pay.

It’s rich to knock a social apartheid based on Irish when you have no problem with a social apartheid that existed for 80 years which was subsidized by people who could never access it

https://intapi.sciendo.com/pdf/10.2478/admin-2023-0009#:~:text=Although%20there%20are%20731%20secondary,ministers%20was%2030%20per%20cent.

Although there are 731 secondary schools in the country,6 only 55 supplied superior court judges and 118 supplied cabinet ministers between 1922 and 2022. 74 per cent of the senior judiciary in our data were educated in fee-paying schools; the comparable figure for cabinet ministers was 30 per cent.

@Tim_Riggins hates that Irish and GAA are now a currency as valuable and perhaps more valuable than money, being Dublin middle class and rugby

2 Likes

Thig leat ceist a chur ar an scruidaitheoir, ar thóg tú cos an mhadaigh agus a leagaint i riamh? The reality is that most primary school teachers in Ireland aren’t fluent enough in the language to teach a couple of classes a week in the language, never mind to teach all subjects through the medium of Irish. ‘Gaeilge amach as luckybag’, as my old Gaeilge teacher used to refer to it.

I will again answer your questions, cos im sound like that but do please furnish us with the DETAILS of this Big Gaeilge racket.

Who are these lobby groups and how do they benefit? You’ve thrown it round as people who take students in the gaeltacht and translators…
And of course teachers. Basically anyone involved with Irish so?
Who organises all these different groups and to what purpose? Is it just a bunch of people who like Irish or work in irish?
As per your teachers accusation.
The country has a shortage of teachers. Pretty much every teacher gets employed somewhere irrespective of how good they are. Whats the advantage for them?
You’ve spent the last day detailing how its supposedly tough for non nationals to enter gaelscoileanna but you dont want to look at much clearer discrimination for entry? Why not?

As per your questions, there is a growth in the amount of Gaelscoileanna because more people want their kids educated through irish.
Its that simple. There has been a much bigger growth in Educate together in the last 15years so its hardly like some shady departmental figure is pushing gaelscoils over them. Or if they are they are doing a terrible job.

As for the requirement for Irish. There are requirement for Irish english and maths, set at the appropriate level in terms of the knowledge that will be required for teaching those subjects. You seem to think that the slightly higher level in terms of grade required in Irish is some sort of evidence that there is a boundary to keep out foreign nationals who might teach here. Its not. A H5 in Irish is easier got than a H 5 in maths or english. Its that simple. The higher level maths required to do better involves complex maths that wont be needed in primary school like differentiation and calculus. Similarly in English, to do better than a H5 requires a lot more than Irish. It requires analysis and knowledge of literature. Theatre, poetry prose.
The irish course has a much smaller focus on literature. 40%of it is a very simple oral conversation ffsake. I could coach even the most stubborn fucker like yourself through it. A simple essay, a bit of listening comprehension and blindfolded swing at the literature will get you over the line.

Now, you’ve been very aggressive in your moral stance on difficulties in entering a Gaelscoil and continually vociferously supportive of private schools that are much more aloof and difficult to access. Please square that circle.
Ballymun kids my hole.

Is there a major geographical distance between Dublin 6 and Dublin 6w do you know?

There is a major socio economic distance to be fair. The people of D6 literally wouldn’t be associated with them. I always laugh when I hear D6W. The only postcode with a qualifier. So Irish

It’s more a state of mind

Harold’s Cross would nearly be in the very desirable category of address at this stage

All of those lovely red bricks in the Kenilworths are in 6w. I’d say @Juhniallio is splitting hairs here.

2 Likes

Ah I’m sorry Fagan. I’m sorry they divided Dublin into postcodes and decided to split Dublin 6. I’m not mad about the border imposed by the boundary commission either but we just have to get on with it.

Not a huge difference distancewise as a well travelled man like yourself knows. But a huge difference socioeconomically which is the point weve been arguing about. There are LOTS of public schools in dublin 6w.
A quick look at house prices on daft will show you just how different the areas either side of the harolds cross road are. Ive put in Dublin 6 as a search but it only showed one side… so i put in D6W as well. Beneath it is a cool picture of Dublin post codes cos youre sound.

Ah Jaysus :grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

Ah now. There’s no need for this. You’re like the lad who made a big show of going up with the winning raffle ticket only to get told you’d the right number but the wrong colour ticket. And now you’re refusing to leave it and arguing you should get one of the smaller hampers at the end… or the 20e voucher to the leisureplex.

5 Likes

Nope.

It’s admitted in their enrolment policies.

More and more on fee paying schools. Didn’t I give you the lesson why they existed a couple of years ago and they you slouched off? Why not nudge that topic instead of attempting to veer this off topic?

You are ok with social apartheid based on income but not on learning via Irish