When was the last time you did drugs or had a packet of tayto with a pint

If it’s a Clare - Limerick Final this year the situation will be so bad lads will be sourcing tickets off the Dark Web.

1 Like

And tickets for the pope

It’s inconsequential. You still route everything out of your ISP. They give you your bandwidth.

I don’t think you get it.

example ISP logs:

11am. Normal HTTPS traffic
12am. Irregular traffic - they know you’ve used tor || vpn.
1pm. Drugs arrive

You can see from the slr’s website that someone with a VPN accessed the site at the same time as the person went rogue

you’ve gone billy big bollocks about how your mates are anonymously buying narcotics on the dark web and boasted about it on a public forum.

If I was one of your mates I’d be having a word.

There is a cop here who went Sherlock Holmes on @backinatracksuit over a busted wing mirror

Both of those are encrypted and contents can’t be seen by the ISP. You are utterly clueless. There are loads of IT dabblers on this site but leave this stuff to the professionals like me and @padjo

4 Likes

they can’t see the contents but they know you’ve used a vpn or tor. content doesn’t matter.

They can’t, you fucking tulip.

This reminds me of when lapsed poster @ Graham Dwyer posted on here in 2012 about the traceability of a pay as you go phone and @chocolatemice assured him it was not traceable at all

7 Likes

so tell me how your data gets from your ISP to a VPN service? PPTP, L2TP on a certain port?

it’s a tunnel mate, packets are sent from your ISP to a service using SSL, PPTP or L2TP using a port in most cases.

They know where it’s being sent… not what

https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-Info/1061814732/What-does-my-ISP-see-when-I-am-connected-to-VPN.htm

here’s a VPN company

What does my ISP see when I am connected to VPN?

Your Internet provider can see that you are connected to NordVPN servers and can see the amount of traffic being passed from/to you. But they cannot see the actual traffic because it is encrypted by our servers.

@glasagusban :hugs:

You connected to the internet via a VPN
Someone bought drugs online somewhere at similar time.

GUILTY!!

2 Likes

Ah right, here it is.
Is this direct from Colombia in an envelope? And it’s 100 Euro a gram?

I don’t think you can buy one individually.

So how does the ISP or GUARDS know that you’re watching Netflix from the UK server or at the far side of the hosting service (different IP to what you’re tunnelled on) legs out to Tor?

That doesn’t answer the question.

glib and facetious.

you don’t go on the deep web to donate to charity mate.

There’s plenty of charities / human rights activists / journalists etc who use the dark web due to operating in countries with oppressive regimes.

1 Like

they don’t but they know you’re using proxies to mask your internet activity, they have times of when you’ve masked your internet activity…

it’s grand if you aren’t getting packages from Colombia delivered to your door as well.

you just said a few posts up the ISP had no idea you are masking and now you’ve gone on to content.

they don’t know what you are doing but they know you are masking your identity