When will crèches open again?

Epidemics and pandemics are often specifically excluded. Nobody would have paid much attention before

The hit on their investments is likely to be just as big an issue and what will cause solvency issues in the first instance.

I hope they all go fucking bankrupt the leeching cunts. We’ll build a new system without them

1 Like

We’ve paid for these two weeks up to end of March but waiting to hear from them now about April onwards. I’d understand if they needed us to top up and part contribute, and I get that they’re under pressure, but they should be communicating to us. A story on RTE news website this morning based on a child worker survey this week indicates that a load of them have been let go, despite this government intervention, and it could result in loads of operations closing down.

1 Like

I heard a few crèches are doing a case by case basis. If you call and complain they may do a deal. If you don’t they won’t. A SKY TV approach. Cunts.

As a man who shies away from confrontation this may best be handled by your life partner.

5 Likes

Creches pissed off with the scheme announced as will end up semi nationalising apparently. Don’t have any my books so haven’t gotten too bogged down in it.

Updated guidance from revenue on temp subsidy scheme this morning following good interventions by Michael McGrath and Pearse Doherty last night. Revenue really are the pits.

@Lazarus

1 Like

I don’t follow

2 Likes

No one does. Explain yourself @Appendage.

1 Like

Cat got your tongue @Appendage

Creche has waived payments from April, paid staff for March, and may ask for a wee retainer for and if they reopen.

Cant say fairer than that.

I will make a call while doing some essential travel later and find out. I have to go the GP/Pharmacy to pick up some stuff for Appendage Senior. If Covid 19 doesn’t get him my ma might do him in first. He fucked the original drugs away by accident.

1 Like

Same with ours. At least there’s that. Throw it into the rainy day fund.

Our one has been sending messages via FB saying the government new actions will destroy there business.

Same crèche left there staff go with no payment but still want reduced payments while they are closed. ( saying this money ensures they can open again & retain staff when this all blows over ).

Same owner driving about town in a New motor and talking about buying out another provider who has closed down.

2 Likes

Their

1 Like

Its a race to the bottom between revenue and insurance. Would crechs pay commerical rates too? They are also fancy their chances in that race

Pallasfoods are doing a click and collect grocery service. Local clubs seem to be allowing use of car parks. Cc @Bandage / you will need to drive though

We got an email alright. Told us we didnt need to pay.

The intervention came way too late for them id say

Pallas will be doing well to see this out. Must be absolutely hammered in all of this through no fault of their own

Huzzah. We got a similar notification this afternoon . Going into the government scheme, staff being retained, we don’t have to pay, everyone’s place secure.

1 Like