When will crèches open again?

West Wood Childcare on the Fairview / Clontarf border has announced that it won’t be able to reopen, when allowed by the medical junta, as the numbers with restrictions simply don’t work.

The new normal

I think childcare will evolve in large urban centres and become more like the offering down the country. Large creches were nearly becoming unsustainable anyway due to insurance costs and it was simply becoming unaffordable for many families. It might be a one man band type operation in that persons home. €100 a week and word of mouth. Trying to regulate this would be difficult with child protection laws etc.

‘No naps to be facilitated in the morning session’

Will they be asking the children to sign something to agree to this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Our crew are putting something like this together as well. Will update post haste when I get it.

I’d say the likelihood is that we’ll end up grouping together with some of the cousins to find a childminder. This all seems completely over the top given the available date on children not being spreaders.

The economy is fucked if it’s not sorted out soon and the Minister responsible isn’t even a currently elected official.

1 Like

No lunch to be provided: if a kid forgets their lunch would they have to starve?

1 Like

Where did you come across this ?

Do they still plan to offer ECCE @Bandage do you know?

I presume we will be going back to the days of one parent staying at home to provide child care.

1 Like

More likely that most crèche workers will start offering child minding services and get paid in the same way as inter county managers do

3 Likes

Until someone falls and a claim goes in…

1 Like

I’d say the workers know which parents are most likely ambulance chasers and would choose the kids carefully

Unfortunately I would say the size of the mortgage will dictate that.

Still a huge risk… Like everyone is friends until their little Johnny falls and breaks an arm.

Are you trying to uncover the snitch in the ranks? I don’t want to get anybody in trouble.

I am determining whether I show it to the wife. It will freak her out but when I tell her that my source is a guy called Bandage from the internet, she’ll probably just say it is BS.

4 Likes

I’d say some crèche workers were in Leo’s sights when he talked about people on the Covid-19 payment being better off than they were before. I know of a few parents (essential workers) that have gotten (temporarily) laid off crèche workers to mind children at home. Presume these folk are getting cash in hand as well as the state payment. I must prepare a list of suspects to submit to the government.

My life partner’s pal sends her children to that crèche and they received the notification in the last day or so apparently. That lass then sent it on to her friends and they’re all debating what will happen to their crèches.

Yes

Westwood is a bar a gym and a creche

It continually allows people to park in cycling lanes

A disgusting place

1 Like

West Wood / Westwood want this to go viral so pressure can be brought to bear on government.

I suggest you refuse to be influenced until they buck up their green ideas.