When will crèches open again?

We’ve been lucky that we’ve yet to go down the childcare route but will probably have to look at something for a day or two a week come September I’d say.

I’d say the kids are finding it strange being back there after being home for so long

I imagine the creches down the country are much more appealing that those in Dublin or larger towns/cities.

My eldest is delighted to be going back. The young fella will cause ructions at drop off. Not looking forward to the drop off tomorrow.

Tell him once today that he is going back, casually. Let him sit on it. Don’t make a big deal of it.

He is 18 months old, bro.

He won’t sit never mind think logically.

7 Likes

A very smooth return this morning. Ran to the room and didn’t even look back for her mother. Picked up just after her lunch and wasn’t best pleased to be leaving her pals.

We’ve the 18 month old pencilled in to make his creche debut in early Aug - up to now he’s had a childminder mostly in our house so this could be a bit of a step change.

Guys any thoughts on the crèche situation for Monday?

My life partner is 60/40 on NOT sending our fella.

Initially out of solidarity with the staff who(m) she feels should be treated the same as school staff.

But now this talk of children getting more sick in the latest cases is focusing the mind.

No word from crèche itself yet. I’ve heard of a few that have sent missives out to parents saying they’re not opening until the 11th in line with ECCE and primary schools.

I think the INTERNET should play a key role in our decision. Would welcome views.

Our preschool is closed for the week. I thought they all were.

Ours open but currently locked in battle with the missus about sending back in. I’m against.

Difference between preschool/ECCE and childcare. As in, preschool have now been mandated not to come back until the 11th but childcare/crèches have been asked to reopen as normal. Childcare/crèches covers just minding babies/younger kids rather than the formal two preschool years.

1 Like

Keep him home. Your standard of posting is much higher when you’re on edge and you’ve knocked a few good posts out of minding him.

7 Likes

Keep him at home.

I’m back in the lock it down hard camp. We are where we are now, regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, we really do need to completely lockdown for next few weeks.

1 Like

Sadly in agreement. I also think @bandage should desist from ordering take away in case he contracts the virus from a delivery guy. His posting would be off the chain…

1 Like

I wouldn’t anyway

1 Like

@bandage may not feel comfortable at firing the kids over the fence into the neighbour’s garden though Gil…

1 Like

I wouldn’t send them in. Currently looking at an arrangement where I would move back home with 2 young fellas and work late in the evenings when the missus is off. My parents might be able to cover for a few hours during the day if I have an important meeting or deadline. We are forming a bubble.

1 Like

Ah lads, I’d braced myself mentally for 11 full days with him. It’s now 9/11 but you’re telling me it’s really 9/18 and possibly even 9/25 or worse. I don’t like those percentages. Like we had this interaction when I put him to bed at 8pm.

“I love you.”

“I love h.”

“H?”

“I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.”

6 Likes

I’m not going dropping my two until the 11th at earliest. Reevaluate then & see.

1 Like

He’s a top top poster your kid.

1 Like