Who wasn't bugging GSOC

Oireland really is a tin pot banana republic. I haven’t followed this case at all but am flabbergasted reading what went on. 2 days in oireland and 2 massive scandal . It’s not a proper country at all

Judge Charleton accepted Mr Williams’ evidence and rejected that of Supt Taylor, saying:

“There would not be the slightest reason for Paul Williams to curry some kind of favour with the Garda Press Office by gleefully announcing the news that bad news was imminent for Maurice McCabe. That does not fit with the evidence, or with the character, of Paul Williams.”

Charleton is a joke. If Williams has had penalty points struck off in the past would that not be reason to curry favor with the Guards? If he relied on a good relationship with the Guards for his articles and exclusives, would that not be a reason?

2 Likes

Dave Taylor suspended.

Garda Superintendent David Taylor has been suspended following the Charleton report http://jrnl.ie/4286088

That is an entirely new word to me.

2 day turnaround on the charleton report, meanwhile Moriarty gathers dust while a disturbingly similar set of circumstances surrounding the NGB tender…

1 Like

This fella is retiring as of midnight tonight. Is he still entitled to all his benefits if suspended ?

I’ll give you two guesses.

1 Like

Yes and No ?

4 Likes

Is there any comeuppance coming for callinan? Can he be retrospectively dishonestly discharged and his pension taken off him? Probably all unlikely/impossible under 45 the Garda code. Surely McCabe can sue him for slander? Surprised there has not been more comment on this. cc @artfoley

Refresh my memory as i was away for most of this. Varadker posted this today.

Beginning in the paragraph below the bold heading it says Ms D was never checked for credibility, and McCabe was never interviewed.

So where and how did they decide her allegation was bogus? Cc @artfoley

He wasn’t in the marine corps unfortunately

What slander?

You can be fired from the Gardaí and lose all benefits. I’d suggest callinan’s behaviour warrants this. It’s been accepted he told lies about McCabe, that’s slander isn’t it?

Nearly impossible to prove. What did he say, that there allegations and concerns about mccabe? Thats the truth. There was an allegation, but im trying to figure out what investigation was put into the veracity of that, and then the tusla fuck up (but that was their fault) furthered these.

If callinan told people mccabe was a proven kiddie fiddler, thats probably enough for slander, but how can he prove that.

Also seeing that he doesn’t work for the guards anymore im sure that ship has sailed.

Testimony of a number of witnesses against testimony of Callinan. It looks open and shut.

That he said what?

That’s what he told John McGuinness TD and the judge went out of his way to state that McGuinness was a very credible witness. In fairness when you read McGuinness’s evidence you’d have to come to the conclusion that he couldn’t have made it up.

1 Like

What exactly did he tell him?

Im not defending callinan here. An odious cunt. Who decided the likes of him, taylor, noreen were the best people for the job… The government… oops.

He told him he that he had no dea what he (Callinan) had to deal with. One fellow (Wilson the other whistleblower) rides horses bareback around Dublin and the other fellow fiddles kids. They were more or less his exact words.

The timeline is helpful here MAW