Who wasn't bugging GSOC

The Government had no role in Taylor’s career.

Well thats enough, but hard to prove even with the lower civil threshold. He said she said. Can a civil action arise from a tribunal report?

Dont they appoint all superintendents?

Apparently not.

‘After the allegation is investigated, a file is sent to the DPP with the recommendation that there is no grounds for a prosecution. The DPP directs that no prosecution should be taken – with the observation that it is doubtful the allegations should constitute a crime at all.’

Thats very gray, no?

Also undoable under legitimate expectation. Theres simply no provision to go after the pension by the state.

It’s likely that McCabe could go after him for defamation and secure an attachment of earnings on his pension. Not 100% on the admissibility of the tribunal evidence but if mcguinness, PBC and the other lad gave evidence in those proceedings it would hole any defence from callinan

Why bother wasting time chasing Callanan when he’s already been vindicated by Charleton and he has a slam-dunk case pending against the state as it is

I would expect McCabe would clean him in court.

If what’s known now came out while callinan was still in his position he would surely have lost his job and pension entitlements. Knowing Garda procedures there’s probably no way to go after it retrospectively, but I’d like to see the question aaked.

1 Like

I don’t know what constitutes grey in your mind but I thought that was fairly definitive

Callinan deserves to be nailed.

1 Like

Huh?

1 Like

Even if it came out in office he still would’ve kept pension: legitimate expectation

Fair enough, i wonder what the investigation was though. Are we saying he was stitched up like supreme court justice Kavanaugh? And back to my original question about how did tusla or whatever they were took no look into the credibility of it or speak to mccabe

Not if there’s provision against it in the Garda Code or legislation (I don’t know if there is).

Does not stop them raising the pension age for civilians.

Make the fucker bring the case.

They knew that the matter had been investigated by the Guards and a decision taken not to prosecute.

Also don’t forget that although the incident involving Ms D is alleged to have taken place in 1996 she didn’t make the allegations until 2006 or shortly after McCabe had complained about her fathers dereliction of duty.

Do you want the fucker to get compo and costs as well?

Id rather McCabe got his pension and it’s likely he would in defamation proceedings.

Of course that raises the most serious question marks on it. Still the fact it was investigated by the guards while mccabe was at that stage still one of the good ol boys is a bit unsettling.

What are you on about?

1 Like

What are you on about?