Who will be the first forumer to contract the Corona virus?

ā€˜GIVE ME CREDIT DAMMIT!!!ā€™

1 Like

You are getting fully paid while unable to work unlike thousands laid off yesterday. Thatā€™s a privileged position to be in, you donā€™t have to worry about making ends meet unlike those unfortunate to have been laid off in the hospitality sector.

3 Likes

And before you think Iā€™m having a pop
at teachers my ould fella is a retired teacher and the eldest is doing a M.Ed.

1 Like

That doesnā€™t mean he cant have an opinion. Everyone will have their own difficulties during this, regardless of income etc.

Those people are the first to be hit. Theyā€™ll also be the first to pick up again afterwards. Bars and hotels will reopen. Some people will be out of work for an long time if big enterprises start scaling back and markets flatten out low.

Hope everything works out for you BOD and Iā€™m sure parents with kids at home full time will appreciate people like tracksuit and Fenway park more now.

3 Likes

Absolutely if we all agreed in here it wouldnā€™t be worth logging in! Yesterday was only the tip
of the iceberg way more job losses to come, unfortunately thatā€™s the reality of this.

1 Like

I donā€™t really see how any of that is relevant to what weā€™ve been talking about here mate, go back to the start, I donā€™t know how weā€™ve come around to this

Iā€™m kinda with you here. Itā€™s up to each person how they deal with it, and no problem with anybody taking a few sociables at home a few nights a week. We will all deal with this in different ways. Iā€™ve been off it nearly three months and think I might stay off it til this thing is over. Want to try and keep immune system in decent shape. Or I might just open a few tomorrow night.

Iā€™ve had a tightness in my chest for the last few days (since Saturday) no other symptoms, no temp, no sore throat and no cough. I rang the GP and eventually got the secretary, she gave me a help line number to ring. The helpline guy says Iā€™ve to self isolate and sechedule a test with my GP.

Any posters confirmed with it yet?

I may be in the running

Youā€™re grand

Any excuse to go to Croke Park!

Look after yourself and escalate it if you get any worse.

That is anxiety from all the depressing news and the fear of what could happen.

1 Like

Fever seems to be main thing. Havent heard of many testing positive without listing a fever.

Weā€™ll see

Guys I was at the muffin stand in Centra half an hour ago (looking for pre-packaged muffins, rather than ones people may have handled) when there was an almighty thud from behind me. An auld wan had taken a tumble and was having some kind of seizure. I actually used my first aid training and put her in the recovery position and protected her head. Allā€™s well that ends well. Monica had an epileptic fit, well two separate incidences in fact, but gradually came around. I might have contracted the virus off her though, as I put my Wexford GAA zippy top under her head and had to hold onto her.

13 Likes

Id say this is already up on linkedin

5 Likes

Luckily I had my go pro on.

7 Likes

Not all superheroes wear capes, some wear Wexford zippy up GAA tops.

5 Likes