Who will be the next Limerick manager?

Surely Cunningham wouldn’t be the worst manager about?

The Galway lads fell out with him for a finish, but I think their problems were more to do with themselves than him.

I’d happily take him in Clare.

1 Like

illiteracy me welcome to the big league

Am I supposed to jumble those words around to make a coherent sentence out of them?

Throw in one of your old photos of a ref pointing while you’re at it there?

2 Likes

Feck off

You dirt

2 Likes

He is not a contender for the Limerick role.

You are spouting rubbish again

Looks like Brian Ryan is the number one Limerick candidate. With Kiely ruled out and little or no chance for ciaran it seems the obvious option but the falling out after the 2014 minor all ireland final was bitter I find it hard to see myself. Brian is a ruthless man and a lot of the nonsense that went on under Teege won’t be tolerated and that won’t sit well with a lot of our players. He’s not too dissimilar to cody in some ways in his approach but being very honest, hard working and taking no bull shit is a major no no for our county board. How it would sit if his sons are involved too I’m not sure.

Of the outside candidates it will be sheedy or Cunningham.

I smell vindication.

This really encapsulates everything we know and love about Limerick hurling. The hope, fear and desolation before the inevitable outcome which was signposted from the very beginning.

1 Like

Would you fuck off.

Fuck it just after watching Laochra Gael there. Give it to him ta fuck.

:cry:

Those boys deserved one

I even had to turn it off for the couple of minutes they were showing the 94 AIF. Still can’t watch has it

If Ciaran can’t fire our boys up no one can, never underestimate what a strong character as a leader can do to a players spirit, just look at our relatively poor side in our run to the 07 final under Bennis and compare that to the better side we have now under TJ the last two years!

I’m watching it now, it was Dooleys free that was the turning point, he didn’t hit it particularly well and Limerick should have closed it out from there.
Ciaran is some man for a cliche, I had to chuckle though, speaking about the 94 final he said ‘I haven’t seen a replay since, and I didn’t see a replay before it’

When Dooleys scored that free, someone should have went down in the middle of the park and feigned injury just to take the sting out of it. Joe Quaid lost the rag and packed it out too quickly. The other mistake that was made ( and I still remember saying it to my father at half time) was not moving Damien Quigly to half forward for the second half. He was on fire and we were hurling against a significant breeze for the second half. Moving Quigly to half forward would have got us another couple of scores.

The score in 96 was extraordinary, just watched that part now, the pace and power with the heat that day. He scored a similar point earlier in the programme against tipp in a league final 92, Tomas Muls goal was fucking hilarious.

Even Kevin Cashman ( who despised that team called them the third best team in Munster) acknowledges it as possibly the greatest score ever. Believe it or not 92 was winnable. Phil Bennis swapped Houlihan and Carey about 15 minutes into the second half. We went to town on them and just ran out of time. If Houlihan and Carey had started like they finished we would have won that game regardless of Mulcahys goal. But if my aunt had balls and all that

Cashman did not despise that Lk team he just thought Clare and Tipp were better . An arguable point .

Cork blew Lk away in 1992 and pulled up in second half .