Who will be the next Limerick manager?

Joe McKenna is an alright sort lads…he was a fine hurler in his day and is a gentleman.

I doubt PJ was/is looking after him as much as people say…that’s a fact.

2 Likes

No he isn’t an all right sort. His utter contempt for anything other than hurling is well known and neither is there a doubt that he is under the influence of PJ and Gerry. Putting him on the selection committee is only a reassurance that the right man will be selected and that the flow of money from the big house will continue. It is all just another clusterfuck waiting to happen. I have it on good authority that Kip Killigan is the favourite to come back and talk of all others is just that, talk.

For me the manager should come from Daly, Cunningham, Ciarán and maybe even Donal Óg.

The hunt begins now… Short list drawn up… The hounds are off the leash.

I just hope none of them have a mental breakdown, or do their cruciate on the way upstarts to the interview.

Donal Óg mightn’t be the worst pick.

He is seriously motivated to make his mark and seems to have an ability to get along well with people. He is impressive in what he does and I’d imagine with a good team around him, Limerick would go places.

Wouldn’t say his stint with Clare went well though.

A lot of that was the chap he was serving his time under.

Players seemed very happy with him. Seemed to leave a very positive impression.

He is a very bright guy and will get there eventually I’d imagine.

My two memories of him this year is inside in the far corner in Cusack Park, talking away to the Cork ref as he was making up his mind whether to send off O’Brien or not. And him trying to calm Fitzy down on the sideline all summer.

1 Like

Fair enough but I don’t think the Limerick job is for someone still cutting their teeth at management. Maybe as part of a team though

Yeah, true.

Having said that, I personally thought he was very good and meticulous on the Sunday game. He seems to be a very good reader of the game and he did hurl under Allen and O’Grady who were our two best managers in recent times.
Well fuck you anyway @Thumper, you have me changing my mind now

1 Like

Daly, or Cunningham from Galway, I think

1 Like

Spot on. But those are all very inconvenient facts for numpty’s opinions. Happily for him he pays fuck all attention to facts.

No incorrect joe quaid and Jerry Wallace had a massive impact on 13,14 and 16 minor teams you simpleton clown. On another note the 14s have seen daly twice and the 15s once this year. Getting ride of Jerry Wallace will haunt Limerick for many years to come.

:rollseyes:

So you don’t agree the coaches when they were under 14 and 15 etc had a huge impact? You don’t agree joe quaid who was manager of the 14 minor side at 14s, 15s and 16s had a huge role to play in their development? Or Jerry Wallace who coached them and their coaches for 3 years didn’t have a huge role?

Wallace yes, Quaid I’m highly dubious about. I’m even more dubious about dimwits trying to give Quaid the credit for the minor teams that followed.

1 Like

I almost laugh out loud everytime I read “Kip Killagain”. Welcome back, Batt.

2 Likes

Cunningham has a mixed review from his time in Galway doesn’t he? Two very good years and two very poor ones. Followed by a falling out with the players. He would probably get a positive response in his first year in Limerick, but a disgruntled camp seems inevitable. Not sure if someone whose man management skills are so poorly reviewed is right for Limerick.

What about Brian Lohan? Would have the traditional brute force and ignorance approach to the game that Limerick people appreciate, while being modern enough in his attitude to preparation. Has been involved with UL too. Inexperience a factor I suppose.

Yes, not inexperienced enough

5 Likes

If Cusack could tempt somebody like Moloney from Clare along, then you have the makings of something.