Who will be the next Limerick manager?

Great coach.

Box office ticket.

Limerick for Liam 17

1 Like

Dalo won’t have Tommy Dunne as coach after the mess Dunne made of his beloved Clarecastle last year. Daly had to clean up his mess

Won’t be Dalo’s call.

That’ll be Up to JP

that Maggie is limerick manager

You have changed your guess AGAIN :joy:

I only had 2 men picked

To be fair to you Joe you were always in the A. Cunningham camp, if you are proven correct it’ll be some coup for you over some of the other cunts here.

:+1:

sheady is not going to limerick but is getting primed for something

Steady on Joe, the show is not over just yet.

i think he could be very good for 2 years. he’s a big gaa man has got to a football club final as manager and did great stuff with the galway senior in two of the years, won a 21 ai as well. hip and wip style but would def. have a game plan.

it is

Daly on twitter last week joking about Limerick Senior job, doubt he would be lined up for it and going on like that. The great Henry Martin pointed this out on twitter.

If Davy Fitz goes in Clare is there a chance the thick cunts in our County Board would go after him? Dónal Óg surely step inti the Clare job. Where does that leave Kinnerk? :scream: Rumours of too many chiefs type tension in the Clare coaching staff this year

Nah. The more I think about it the more Cunningham is starting to make sense. I would not fancy a Munster man (apart from a Limerick manager obviously) as the most you will get is two years. The chances of Limerick coming up against Galway in a champion ship scenario are far longer then drawing a Munster team. The likes of Cunningham will therefore not need to worry about the “head and heart syndrome” and if he manages to at least stabilise the situation a good three to five year stint is possible

1 Like

I would really like Anthony Cunningham as manager.

1. He brought a middling enough Galway side to two All Ireland finals in four years (2012 and 2015). They should have won in 2012 but Kilkenny drew with them and then beat them the next day. They obliterated Kilkenny the same year in Connacht. Last year then they led at HT only for things to go pear shaped (allegedly) in the dressing room.
  2. Track record of being strong on discipline (we need that).
  3. Strong prior inter county experience at the highest level (two All Ireland final appearances), unlike the last fella whose sole managerial experience was looking on at an intermediate team in Cork. He will surely be all the better for his experiences with Galway (as one example, not to mind with Laois or with the success he has had at club level) to know what goes into preparing teams and having them right mentally and physically for the big days.
  4. This is the best one - hunger, a point to prove, a chip on his shoulder. Was unceremoniously ousted in Galway and with a bad taste in his mouth would surely love to prove a point and get one over on them. Won’t be motivated solely by money (Sheedy, Daly).
2 Likes

The more I think about it the more you’re right.

Excellent post .

7 Likes

Probably a little too stubborn for his own good though. Tom Ryan that is

The only reason he stayed for the last few months (after league to when he fucked off) was because the CB owed him expenses.