Who will be the next Limerick manager?

But looking at the stars

2 Likes

We’ve been doing that since 73

We are lying on our backs with no roof on the stable

I hope you’re right on both counts

1 Like

When Laois couldnt get a hurling manager, they just asked the fella they appointed to find one, Cheddar, to take on the job.

Joe McKenna’s time has come again.

2 Likes

We have had two managers from Offaly, it did not work out.
We had three from Cork, one worked out fine.
We had a manager from Dublin, it worked out fine.
We had a lunatic from Clarina, the jury is still out.

It will be 5 Limerick men, lads… Our year.

Who was that?

1 Like

Glynn had a years work placement in the us as part of his college course. Would have been mad not to go. Keeping fit and playing football I think.
He’ll be back I think.
Galway were great this year. I thought so anyway.

2 Likes

Agree with all this, bar maurice being unmarkable. Only a few have ever been that. Maurice isn’t one of them, not yet at least.

1 Like

No sign of Donal Og in the revised betting anyway but Davy is 12/1.Daly, Cunningham and Carey lead the market.

Yeah. Maybe I over egged Maurice a little. I do think he has suffered as a lone inside forward in the Waterford system in recent years. Hopefully for his and all our sakes Waterford will be using this year’s Kilkenny matches as a tactical template in the future.

1 Like

Noel Drumgoole – some would say he planted the seeds for Limericks hurling renaissance when he along with others started Na Piarsaigh ( they play in the Dublin Colors). Others would say he half destroyed it when he started a group of soft headed townie cunts playing hurling.

Noel had two belts of it 77- 82 (won 2 munsters) and 84 -86’ish. The funny/sad thing about it was that in 82 when he left he gave an interview on RTE when he announced that the talent wasn’t in the county. He got the job again 18 months later. He was probably right but they won the NHL twice in that period I think Michael O’Grady was manager when they won it in 83.

3 Likes

To be fair to Drumgoole he always looked for a bit of western steel .

Just for clarity do you consider Daly and Davy Fitz from Limerick as

1. you sometimes consider yourself a Corkonian after a wet week down there and a few pint of Beamish.
  2. They work and earn a living here
  3. there are no maternity hospitals in Clare so they probably all saw the light of day first in our own Nirvana.
1 Like

Ciaran would be very popular :wink:

You will be happy with the appointment. They are Limerick men.

Fair play. I knew he was involved in starting Na P but had no idea he managed Limerick. His family are still heavily involved in St Vincent’s in Dublin. Now that I think about it, Vincent’s are a shower of soft headed townie.cunts too.

:smile:

2 Likes

Stephen is ruined from bogball and shane has no vision nor the physical attributes to be top class, Curran is decent but not anywhere near the skill level of an elite hurler and Maurice? LOL.