Who will be the next Limerick manager?

Joe O Connor is included

I am reasonably happy ya. That u21 team seemed to be the best drilled team we’ve sent out in years. A great mix in their play and plenty of steel. He’s a Limerick man. I’d have doubts that Kinnerk is the Messiah he’s made out to be, but he’s definitely worth a spin. I’d give Joe O’Connor another year too, I think mentally a lot of players had shut up shop before a ball was pucked this year so it may not a true reflection on his abilities as a fitness coach.

1 Like

Joe is getting another year

Joe O’Connor is S&C Coach but is NOT down as a selector ffs sake

Joe McKenna will be the other selector.

It will be a County Champions nominee. Bernie Savage or Paddy Kelly.

They’ll nominate Big Joe if they know whats good for them.

1 Like

There is something seriously wrong with this. We have made a sensible appointment.

3 Likes

?
That would be normal.

1 Like

Kiely always said he didn’t want it just yet. Young family, recently became a principal so the u21 gig suited him as it was much less time consuming.
What changed?
I’m hoping he just couldn’t say no in the hour of need rather than €€€ being thrown at him.

He loves his county

He read on the internet that 2017 was Limericks year.

6 Likes

But i thought all these S&C guys were bluffers and didn’t understand the game at all.

He wasn’t wrong.

Man hasn’t a notion

Fuck it anyway. Now I’m optimistic again. I was happy out thinking we’d be shit for the foreseeable future. A lot less disappointment

2 Likes

A good appointment as any, slight concern in how the 21s played this year, but he’s got the experience for it and has improved every team he has been over. May actually be helped by the 21s being poor this year as expectations are still pretty low, be interesting what he does with the team and how himself and kinnerk go. Now hoping they don’t appoint a numpty over the 21s and Ross Corbett is retained…

If it’s any consolation mate, on the balance of probabilities ye will probably still be shit next year.

Kiely seems like a sound man though and last year’s 21s were a smashing side so I wish Limerick nothing but the very best

Players spoke highly of Joe O’Connor last year. He was the only reason some of them stayed around.

Kiely out!

2 Likes