Why is rooral Oireland so determined to hold the country back?

yep, its coming soon

So Dublin wants the rest of the country to fuck off but it wants our water … not to mention all our bright educated youngsters also…

1 Like

Problem is you have to be from city or Midleton/you gal to really avail.

But you are right.

Company tax incentives.

Companies do work well together down there. They did a great job on the staggered times over the years.

It’s just too big now

1 Like

Great stuff, i’ve scaled back my meat eating for environmental reasons and to break Irish farmers - If it was grown in the way you describe i#ll up it to double portions again.

2 Likes

Lads it’s looking like the entire country will do well going forward.

Alot of these are even more pointless than other conversations going on

I must show you our local history charts sometine

What matter is this.

Dublin receives the second lowest amount of capital spending from local authorities per Capita out of the 26 counties in the ROI in the last 7 years.

For @gilgamboa, despite having the highest social housing needs in the country, Dublin received one of the lowest per Capita spends in the country.

Overall per Capita spending was average for Dublin, despite the fact that is where over 45% of people work with 26% of the population living here. That is also despite Dubliners paying 3 times per Capita the amount of taxes. Basically Dubliners pay far more tax for average investment when on a daily basis there is a massive influx of people which strains the city.

It is classic sprawl.

You can go on and on about focusing employment elsewhere but the reality is that companies want to locate centrally. Despite the disgraceful lack of investment in infrastructure, they still come. It isn’t unlike San Francisco in that respect.

Building up regional blocks is an excellent idea, but Dublin still needs more investment. As @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy states, the one off housing climb down is a disgrace.

1 Like

Do indeed, kid…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82LWiPEdBNE

From mallow line it should be an easy enough connection (easier than it is anyway) should be in and out of kent every 10 mins…

If they ran it for free or close to free it would be jammed.

Whats really needed is a spur line out as far as fermoy or watergrasshill direct to little island even take them all into a big park and train option before they hit the dunkettle. I wouldnt have a clue how much it would cost but there is 10 or 15k people working in that business park alone

2 Likes

But yet you want to ringfence your taxes to build a monorail and not houses

We could build all the houses we need and our lovey DART Underground if we could keep our own taxes.

Is removing ourselves further from the natural process of food production good for the human psyche tho, bro? The other problem is when this is being done for pure profit corners will invariably be cut and fuck knows what ingredient s will creep into our lab produced food.

I think if this is the future for meat we need to encourage a lot more natural growth of veg / plant production - 100% of our food being produced in a lab by big biz is scary.

But you dont want to. You want the taxes to build monorail.

Are you netting off the cost of the water from the Shannon when you are doing your fiscal plan?

1 Like

oh, I don’t envisage big business growing it in labs mate, I plan to have my own machine growing it mate

ive heard stories that restaurants are getting vegetables grown for them to their exact requirements i.e. basil with a hint of mustard

The reforestation of oireland will happen

3 Likes

We can buy and sell resources as we need.

Those videos you posted alluded to google and microsoft and facebook pumping big money into this industry - Amazon are already at it… I’m all for progress but these companies dictating to governments and controlling how we eat and what we eat is where this is going.

yes, initially its them but down the line instead of soup makers and nutribullets people will be buying meat growers

The water will be dear

I’m sure your great-great-grandchildren will enjoy this feature when it’s released … That’s if the human race continues to breed along human copulation and bloodlines and are not grown in a lab