Why is rooral Oireland so determined to hold the country back?

Dublin is finished.
Limerick is where it’s at.

11 Likes

It could be the Hampton’s to Dublin’s Manhattan.

Would I like my children to grow up happy or would I like them to grow up to become someone who’s main hobby seems to be looking down their nose at their perceived lessers while oblivious to the fact that is probably themselves they dislike the most. If @Tim_Riggins champions city living then it’s the bumpkin life for me.

You’re the one who was running down Belfast taxi drivers the other day pal.

Sure it’s only started

That’s a long meaningless post without answering my question Tim. Answer the question please.

Capitol Dock is mostly up.

Most of the SDZ has already been wasted.

If you want people to be able to live closer to work you have to utilise the space better.

I did answer your question. Dublin is severely underinvested relative to its population and tax take. If you don’t want to address that then fine.

1 Like

We have an urban rail system just sitting there ready for the hordes sure. Mungret already has its own line.

OK pal, we’ll just keep the water.

Dublin wouldnt exist without the latter - it has always called out to the Muldoons to populate and take the best jobs. Imagine if it was left to the junkies that populate inner city Dublin… All the affluent neighbourhoods have been built on the success of country folk.

3 Likes

The foreigners are taking the menial jobs now mate, you guys are not needed.

2 Likes

As do the high end suburbs of Adare & Askeaton

There are 90000 students in university in Dublin - is there really any good reason for that? Why do courses on Dairy Business need to be run in a city with a huge shortage of housing for both students and workers? Graduates who do these courses in Dublin leave with far higher debts than graduates from Athlone or Limerick due to housing costs for the 4 years. Surely a reassessment of all of this is long overdue.

5 Likes

Plus lower end suburbs like Moyross, Castleconnell and Oola.

Charlie McCreevey was years ahead of his time

You are a spineless piece of fucking shit you know that? Are you going to find that fucking post, or are you gonna shit in your hat for the rest of the your time on here?

No mate, I asked you what the population of Dublin is relative to the rest of the country and you avoiding answering it by trying to deflect to investment levels.

Dublin’s affluence was built of the Anglo Oirish mate.

Why are there so many students in Universities all over major cities in the world?

I take it you can use google.

The entire discussion is about investment. I have addressed population above within that.

I am not sure what relevance the remainder of your post has.

Populations moving to urban locations has already been dealt with above, it isn’t an Irish thing. So too has rural depopulation by the excellent Dan O’Brien article.

For many different reasons, just as there are many universities in much smaller urban areas. The top 2 universities in Europe are located in urban areas with a population similar to Cork city.