Why is rooral Oireland so determined to hold the country back?

Tim, if youve a big gripe on the rural broadband thing, what would your view of something like this be? Would save us digging up half the country

But that’s not the point. Most big cities have large student populations.

If anything, what you are calling for has happened.

UCD moved out of the city fully 10/12 years ago.

DIT are moving to Grangegorman.

Colleges like Froebel have moved to Maynooth.

Soon the colleges left in Dublin City centre will be Trinity, NCAD, DBS and Griffith. The latter three being small, and indeed private, which says a lot.

Outside of Dublin in the last 50 years you have seen the establishment of WIT, UL, Sligo IT, Carlow IT, Athlone IT, Tralee IT, Letterkenny IT ect.

The problem of students living in suburban homes I’d agree with, but that is changing. There are lots of student accommodations popping up.

Why would I have a problem with private money trying to solve a problem?

1 Like

Closing down Aungier Street DIT and moving it to Grangegorman does nothing to alleviate overcrowding on the Luas or demand for accommodation in the city. Identifying 10000 university places that are only in Dublin for historical reasons and relocating them outside the GDA would have a significant impact on both these issues which are holding back the capital and the country as a whole.

1 Like

:grinning: fucking hell this is brilliant, are you often this rattled

Thats the kind of bluesky thinking needed around here.

Sending kids from the country to college in Dublin is just a transfer of wealth from rural people (who earn less in the first place) to the Dublin landlord classes.

If you just removed all courses which needed >500 leaving cert points from Dublin colleges you could be fairly sure you wouldnt be impacting any Dubs

1 Like

Good for you kp. Trailways all the way same as myself. My knees are perfect.

1 Like

Eh yes it will. It means less numbers will be travelling south over the Liffey at rush hour. It is certainly a challenge from people coming from the south side, but various orbital bus routes will help this. The just announced Metro will mean that Luas across City to Cabra will become a genuine spur line as well, meaning that much of the footfall going to the CBD from the southside will move to the heavy duty train allowing LXC to serve the likes of DIT and Cabra effectively.

Moving DIT outside of the CBD will make a difference.

I honestly don’t know what you’re arguing about here.

There will be less than 30k students in the CBD in a few years with one major university being Trinity.

You haven’t addressed the fact that the majority of new college places have been created outside of Dublin in the last half century and there has been a move away from the CBD.

I told you that this wouldn’t be let drop. Produce the fucking post you piece of shit. I’ll fully expect another post with a smiley, and it won’t dissuade me. You picked the wrong fucker. Put up, or shut you your piece of scrotum.

3 Likes

I won’t bother with the smiley so, this is brilliant, I love the threatening language.

Are you really do stupid as not to know what I was referring to?

I know what you were referring to dipshit, I challenge you to back it up. Go to the Rory Best thread and back it up. Do it now, or be seen for the piece of shit you are.

1 Like

The only thing more tedious than a kev v nembo fued is when @myboyblue desperately tries to generate one for himself.

I’m just gonna stop you short there, just keep on moving and don’t try give this prick an out.

1 Like

You’d wonder when they turn out fools like you.

@mickee321 had him squealing like a pig yesterday as well. Maybe it’s a Cork thing?

1 Like

Oh look whos sticking his squarehead in now, and he’s looking for back up too.

That’ll be all the help sneakerchimp needs to crawl back in, in 5, 4, 3, 2…

1 Like

I said he was working class. Funny how you think I was “running him down”.

What exactly am I being threatened with here mate? If you point out what you intend to do I might be frightened into putting it up, if you just intend to continue boring the shit out of the forum I might just let you sweat.
For anybody who is interested it’s an exchange on the Rory Best thread,

Address this post, and stop pricking about. It was pointed out to you at the time and you ran away, which tbf its good to see you use some of those runners occasionally.

https://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/the-paddy-jackson-and-stuart-olding-rape-case-thugby-on-trial/25093/2886?u=myboyblue

1 Like

You just said this to the runt mate… Your mad for a fight today