With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Id say it’s a tough oul station doing comedy for a living. I hope his missus has a decent job.

1 Like

It is when you aren’t funny.

23 Likes

Never stopped Jason Byrne

4 Likes

Or he’s brother Ed

If you have a chance to make a living
In the creative industry it’s very hard to say no to it.

True. And thats the problem. By the time half these people reach middle age and realise there are other things in life they treasure/want/enjoy/need they’ve spent half their life doing what they love and transitioning to another job can be hard. Prospects Are poor. Pay is bad. Mortgages etc are difficult to come by. And it’s all the gig economy. The second you get sick/tired/sad/unlucky you face an uphill battle financially. And your career prospwcts diminoah as you get older(particularly for a woman). Theres no promotion to a cushy number in 90% cases.

1 Like

Just as a general point…do you think there is many well paid cushy numbers to land into? Say 80k + job that you can cruise through with little pressure?

Wouldnt have thought there is many of them left at this stage

1 Like

They’re actors gil. They’d be delighted with 45 grand a year stable.

Oh I know…was just asking in general

Just like the Irish Labour party when they say they give a shit about ordinary people.

1 Like

I thought you voted Labour did?

1 Like

I voted Green.

Try and take a gentle joke.

1 Like

What a fucking post. From May 2019 no less.

The old joke about economists springs to mind

5 Likes

I can’t see there where you mentioned a global pandemic Nostradamus?

3 Likes

How soon do ye expect prices to fall in houses and by how much?

Cash won’t be much use in Ireland in 6 months. It will number like the Germany after WW1. There will be million euro notes floating around

3 Likes

Buy a few tins of spam, and swap for a decent house in six months (or one in Laois immediately)

surely imminiently and significantly???

Wheelbarrows of notes being exchanged for psyllium husks