Work Motivation Techniques

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 931718, member: 1624”]I had reason to talk sternly to an underling this morning.

Why is it that so many women in the workplace think that filling up with tears will get them off the hook?

This lady is a highly-skilled professional but has an appalling attendance record and is riding on the backs of her colleagues for some time now.

There are issues with her personal life in that she’s married to an utter arsehole, but everyone has their difficulties and one’s personal issues shouldn’t define one’s work.

She is in need of motivation or she’ll have to go. Excellent at her job but she’s costing me big-time of late.

Advice welcome Gents.[/QUOTE]

dickhead

poor women is having it tough & you want to throw her over the edge

is this your gift to humanity. fucking the vulnerable

[QUOTE=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 931722, member: 80”]

is this your gift to humanity. fucking the vulnerable[/QUOTE]

Didn’t you have to emigrate/get deported for doing that?

what?

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 931718, member: 1624”]I had reason to talk sternly to an underling this morning.

Why is it that so many women in the workplace think that filling up with tears will get them off the hook?

This lady is a highly-skilled professional but has an appalling attendance record and is riding on the backs of her colleagues for some time now.

There are issues with her personal life in that she’s married to an utter arsehole, but everyone has their difficulties and one’s personal issues shouldn’t define one’s work.

She is in need of motivation or she’ll have to go. Excellent at her job but she’s costing me big-time of late.

The outbreak of Fitzitis on the forum of late is seriously pathetic. Well done lads, you’re all great and are in charge of some people. The stress of being a leader of any variety is obviously unbearable. I imagine it’s high time for you all to put up exactly how many ‘underlings’ you have, and then arrange a fight between your underlings at a convenient location.

Cracking idea.

I know. I smirked when I thought of it. I’m hoping some of yours could fight someone in a departure lounge in Dublin Airport. As a Fingallian, it would be convenient for me to go have a look.

I would go out of my way almost to help someone who is in trouble. In that way you build loyalty.

Surely you asked her if there was any reason for her slacking before bombing in there?

People are completely missing the point here.

I didn’t go “bombing in” as Farmer says. This has been an ongoing issue over a number of years and every other approach I’ve taken has either failed or been manipulated by her to the extent that her colleagues have grown extremely resentful at how she was being accommodated.

I have a responsibility to those people as well and I don’t believe it to be fair that the many continue to suffer for the actions of the few.

I know for a fact that she’s told me blatant lies to cover her absences and is very cute in playing the victim card when needs arise. For example, 2 years ago she rang begging for time-off to saying her mother was sick and re-appeared 10 days later with a tan that you wouldn’t get in Limerick in February. Cheap holiday opportunity and fuck everyone else.

I’ve engaged her in an Employee Assistance Progamme, facilitated her in every way feasible, and, lent a personal ear on too many occasions to count at this stage.

It seems to be getting nobody anywhere.

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 931755, member: 1624”]People are completely missing the point here.

I didn’t go “bombing in” as Farmer says. This has been an ongoing issue over a number of years and every other approach I’ve taken has either failed or been manipulated by her to the extent that her colleagues have grown extremely resentful at how she was being accommodated.

I have a responsibility to those people as well and I don’t believe it to be fair that the many continue to suffer for the actions of the few.

I know for a fact that she’s told me blatant lies to cover her absences and is very cute in playing the victim card when needs arise. For example, 2 years ago she rang begging for time-off to saying her mother was sick and re-appeared 10 days later with a tan that you wouldn’t get in Limerick in February. Cheap holiday opportunity and fuck everyone else.

I’ve engaged her in an Employee Assistance Progamme, facilitated her in every way feasible, and, lent a personal ear on too many occasions to count at this stage.

It seems to be getting nobody anywhere.[/QUOTE]

you have failed her

one of your greatest achievements could have been helping here but no you wouldnt

also the tone of that last post is completely at odds with the superior tone of your first one

i call a backtrack

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 931755, member: 1624”]People are completely missing the point here.

This is an epic backtrack. A climbdown of Carrantuathalic proportions.

Got there seconds before me Tase, and from Australia, too.

Comprehension of substance is obviously a weak point for some people.

The sunny midwest has a Mediterranean climate mate

Are you eligible for royalties from that euro millions / national lottery ad where yer wan rings in sick from abroad?

'Twas the bleak winter of 2012. The Irish Riviera was temporarily experiencing weather of Arctic proportions.

Awww, somebody’s having a huff. There, there. Maybe have your secretary bring you in a lollipop from the bottom drawer.

The bottom drawer contains items of a far more nefarious nature!

Empty calories and male curiosity ay, Georgie.

Most of my clients and facilities are off today due to May Day and the day is dragging.

Am listening to Mitch Hedberg doing some stand up - some quality one liners in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yP_3ZEMdg