Work Motivation Techniques

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1112140, member: 686”]Funny you should say that… I am just out of a meeting with a ‘Big Leagues’ HR Manager from the the US. It was a round table open forum thing that was dying a death as most of the folks in there had just consumed the free pizza and were their blood sugars were all over the shop. Anyway I did a quick check on my clarity levels and seized my opportunity and tore into her regarding the lack of promotional opportunities here and that the reason that people leaving the company once they hit a certain grade.

She told me there are loads of opportunities in North Carolina and right now and I would be a fool not to apply. It was a serious clamping in fairness to her and I took it on the chin.[/QUOTE]

North Carolina! Well you’d be at home with all the green fields and cows anyhow. Would you consider moving to the states though? You’d want to be seriously career driven in your situation with a family, a house and a steady job to up sticks and move there for a few bob more and better career opportunities. It most likely wouldn’t be worth it anyhow even if doubling your salary i suspect.

The best pleasure i ever had in my work life is right now where i work for myself. I’ll never be vastly wealthy i think and do more hours in a week than the normal person but at least you work when you like and when you’ve had enough of it you can finish up when you like. I have no corporate bull shit to be putting up with, don’t have to commute or wear a shirt and tie, don’t have to deal with any jackasses i can’t tolerate. I couldn’t go back to normal 9-5 working with other people as a group under a boss.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1112140, member: 686”]Funny you should say that… I am just out of a meeting with a ‘Big Leagues’ HR Manager from the the US. It was a round table open forum thing that was dying a death as most of the folks in there had just consumed the free pizza and were their blood sugars were all over the shop. Anyway I did a quick check on my clarity levels and seized my opportunity and tore into her regarding the lack of promotional opportunities here and that the reason that people leaving the company once they hit a certain grade.

She told me there are loads of opportunities in North Carolina and right now and I would be a fool not to apply. It was a serious clamping in fairness to her and I took it on the chin.[/QUOTE]

North Carolina! Well you’d be at home with all the green fields and cows anyhow. Would you consider moving to the states though? You’d want to be seriously career driven in your situation with a family, a house and a steady job to up sticks and move there for a few bob more and better career opportunities. It most likely wouldn’t be worth it anyhow even if doubling your salary i suspect.

The best pleasure i ever had in my work life is right now where i work for myself. I’ll never be vastly wealthy i think and do more hours in a week than the normal person but at least you work when you like and when you’ve had enough of it you can finish up when you like. I have no corporate bull shit to be putting up with, don’t have to commute or wear a shirt and tie, don’t have to deal with any jackasses i can’t tolerate. I couldn’t go back to normal 9-5 working with other people as a group under a boss.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1112168, member: 2269”]North Carolina! Well you’d be at home with all the green fields and cows anyhow. Would you consider moving to the states though? You’d want to be seriously career driven in your situation with a family, a house and a steady job to up sticks and move there for a few bob more and better career opportunities. It most likely wouldn’t be worth it anyhow even if doubling your salary i suspect.

The best pleasure i ever had in my work life is right now where i work for myself. I’ll never be vastly wealthy i think and do more hours in a week than the normal person but at least you work when you like and when you’ve had enough of it you can finish up when you like. I have no corporate bull shit to be putting up with, don’t have to commute or wear a shirt and tie, don’t have to deal with any jackasses i can’t tolerate. I couldn’t go back to normal 9-5 working with other people as a group under a boss.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad to hear that training greyhounds is everything you hoped it would be

All planned out for the next seven years? You must be a public servant.

what ever brought you to Poland?..are you there years?..

You’ve summed it up perfectly here bud. Had the opportunity to go out on my own a few years ago. Best thing I ever did. Best of luck @Gman

A long story.

A long story = A summons?

https://fbcdn-video-h-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/11014926_464206077063049_1913271298_n.mp4?rl=300&vabr=145&oh=0b20cb9f463b7cef62084a1bb6c0328e&oe=5514469A&gda=1427386589_90eeba330286302297a300a140bc46a1

Good fucking man Gman. You won’t regret it. Besides, you’ll always be able to go back and get something stable if it all goes tits up.* The benefits are many and varied and there’s great satisfaction in it.
Be aware that it’s always bouncing round you’re head, you never switch off fully and there’s always emails/invoices etc after the kids go to bed, but it’s a small price for the freedom, satisfaction and lack of fellas telling you what to do. KP is right, chasing fellas for money is a pain in the hole. You’ll make a tonne of mistakes I’m sure half of them you need to make and half are avoidable so I’d say chat to as many fellas as you can in your position/line of work, it’s amazing the amount of small stuff you can/have to learn about general businessy shit. And there’s the chance you’ll go stellar and be a millionaire.

I look forward to you swanning about the forum in six months time with all the rest of the ‘I’m a businessman’ lads.
Good luck.

Fuck off with your seven years!

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1112402, member: 53”]Good fucking man Gman. You won’t regret it. Besides, you’ll always be able to go back and get something stable if it all goes tits up.* The benefits are many and varied and there’s great satisfaction in it.
Be aware that it’s always bouncing round you’re head, you never switch off fully and there’s always emails/invoices etc after the kids go to bed, but it’s a small price for the freedom, satisfaction and lack of fellas telling you what to do. KP is right, chasing fellas for money is a pain in the hole. You’ll make a tonne of mistakes I’m sure half of them you need to make and half are avoidable so I’d say chat to as many fellas as you can in your position/line of work, it’s amazing the amount of small stuff you can/have to learn about general businessy shit. And there’s the chance you’ll go stellar and be a millionaire.

I look forward to you swanning about the forum in six months time with all the rest of the ‘I’m a businessman’ lads.
Good luck.[/QUOTE]

You will never be a millionaire in this country, mainly because once you try to take money out of your company the boyos in Leinster House will want their cut. Having your own business is without doubt the best thing ever but unless you are into some .com type thing you will NEVER become a millionaire in this country.

Tell that to my brother who just bought back 30 acres on the edge of the town that he sold at the height of the boom. He’s over a million up on the whole gig.

There’s the positive can do attitude that makes this country great.

It’s better than “work is a good way of killing the time til I die”.

Anybody can be lucky once, that was a once-off transaction and fair play to him, but it is not a business.

Dont get me wrong here, 10 years ago I was made redundant and I set up my own business, its still up and running but business wealth and personel wealth a 2 different things and particularly if you need to extract cash from the business (legally of course)

@glasagusban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70RQLtdVeU

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1112563, member: 2272”]@glasagusban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70RQLtdVeU
[/QUOTE]
He got that ambition baby, look in his eyes, this week he’s washin floors next week it’s the fries.

All you can do is play the system as best you can. Take a modest salary, expense as much as possible, and set up a directors pension for the long term.