Work Motivation Techniques

was on placement in dublin and landed a part time job through a mate out in tallaght in a bread factory doin 12 hr shifts at the weekend. wud finish up work in dun laoire on a friday at 5, dart into town. few pints on the quays & bus it out on the 77a. basically loadin up lorries for next day deliveries until 1am & then it was just me and my mate left there til 7 takin pallets off the production line. really only needed one so cud take turns sleepin. bodysuits for the freezers were noble for sleepin in. the staff were always swipin food as well which we also became quite adept at. dinners of breaded chicken breast & chicken nugget were a staple of my workin week. always look back at it as my best job ever

[quote=“The Puke”]thank god the club championship is starting this weekend and i am being placed under no pressure to get a job…you gotta love the student loan…

dan you worked in a bank you might know…the bank would hardly go chasing me over 4500, my credit might take a small bit of a hammering but sure wouldnt it be worth it to…have about 800 paid back but havent contributed to the loan in 4 months because i couldnt be arsed and i have yet to hear anything off the bank…[/quote]

Dont do it Puke. Banks will chase and chase and then youl hear no more until you need to get a car loan/mortgage etc and you will be declined by all but the lenders of last resort.

are you actually missing repayments i.e. are they being unpaid from your current account? if not your probly ok for time being as student loans are treated a bit more leniently, did they get anyone to sign as guarantor, if so expect the bank to just starting hopunding them instead

Ultimately it will take 6 years to get your credit record straight, even one missed repayment can fook you up so my advice is talk to the bank explain the situation, they wont put you under a whole pile of pressure if they know whats going on.

If you really want to get away with it you will though, just dont plan on borrowiing any time soon

its in an account i got a busary paid into in first year…a seperate banking firm to my day to day banking… havent really used the account since except the odd time i would be flush and just keep it topped up as a rainy day fund…have no guarentor and there is an overdraft on it which is a few hundred in the red now…

have a nice few quid coming to me early next week…might use a bit of it to get myself on a even keel with them…

As regards the director’s love for me, please see Bandage’s post. My superiors were delighted with the quantity and quality of my output from Day 1 and this was at a time when I refused to do any overtime whatsoever and used to skip up at 5.30 and say “right see ya tomorrow.” Indeed one notoriously difficult senior said to me on my first job “you’re doing the work of a 3rd year senior.”

Had a “handy ride” did I? I was assigned to the two largest engagements in our group. That’s real pressure if you let it get to you Farmer. But I didn’t. Maybe I’m just a bigger man than you, figuratively speaking of course. I remember you claiming that the job you bottled was the biggest fund job in the firm only for several people to laugh you out of it when you told them the miniscule fee.

I freely admit I had a poor year in my 2nd year in the firm. This was primarily due to being completely unable to find motivation. The difference between you and me however is that I picked myself up in 3rd year and left with a glowing reputation after performing miracles at the company I was seconded to for the final 4 months of my contract.

Could you clarify your point about me travelling around on tax money please Farmer? I overpaid tax in the current tax year and so am entitled to a refund. You might have learnt about that in your Prof IIs had you actually sat them. Clown.

[quote=“The Puke”]its in an account i got a busary paid into in first year…a seperate banking firm to my day to day banking… havent really used the account since except the odd time i would be flush and just keep it topped up as a rainy day fund…have no guarentor and there is an overdraft on it which is a few hundred in the red now…

have a nice few quid coming to me early next week…might use a bit of it to get myself on a even keel with them…[/quote]

good idea, might be a different account but they have your name and DOB which should be enough to nail ya, there isnt many lads called The Puke around like

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]As regards the director’s love for me, please see Bandage’s post. My superiors were delighted with the quantity and quality of my output from Day 1 and this was at a time when I refused to do any overtime whatsoever and used to skip up at 5.30 and say “right see ya tomorrow.” Indeed one notoriously difficult senior said to me on my first job “you’re doing the work of a 3rd year senior.”

Had a “handy ride” did I? I was assigned to the two largest engagements in our group. That’s real pressure if you let it get to you Farmer. But I didn’t. Maybe I’m just a bigger man than you, figuratively speaking of course. I remember you claiming that the job you bottled was the biggest fund job in the firm only for several people to laugh you out of it when you told them the miniscule fee.

I freely admit I had a poor year in my 2nd year in the firm. This was primarily due to being completely unable to find motivation. The difference between you and me however is that I picked myself up in 3rd year and left with a glowing reputation after performing miracles at the company I was seconded to for the final 4 months of my contract.

Could you clarify your point about me travelling around on tax money please Farmer? I overpaid tax in the current tax year and so am entitled to a refund. You might have learnt about that in your Prof IIs had you actually sat them. Clown.[/quote]

Ah crap, from reading the other threads the wind-up is over. Never mind. Farmer, always a pleasure.

News of this thread had hit non-forum members in Australia btw.

Now you see nobody would ever accuse Clarkey of being easy to wind up…

‘and left with a glowing reputation after performing miracles at the company I was seconded to’

A pisstake surely? The worrying thing is that you are probably serious…

The Prof 2 slag is pathetic in fairness…

Good advice Danny. The key is just to talk to the bank. They’ll usually be grand about it but changing payment terms is fine, missing payments is bad news.

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]Ah crap, from reading the other threads the wind-up is over. Never mind. Farmer, always a pleasure.

News of this thread had hit non-forum members in Australia btw.[/quote]

It was a belter of an effort too and I apologise, I should have waited for you to log back on to have another cut what with the timezones and all that.

Edit: Farmer has just reacted to Clarkey’s post. I can’t fooking believe it! Even when we tell him he reacts angrily - in that case, I’ll be found over on the Leitrim GAA thread next Thursday and Friday ridiculing the Leitrim senior football team ahead of their game in Galway.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Now you see nobody would ever accuse Clarkey of being easy to wind up…

‘and left with a glowing reputation after performing miracles at the company I was seconded to’

A pisstake surely? The worrying thing is that you are probably serious…

The Prof 2 slag is pathetic in fairness…[/quote]

1. I’m not easy to wind up as I remain calm under pressure. As we’ve already established, you don’t.

2. A piss-take indeed.

3. Good comeback to the Prof 2 slag. How’d they go for you btw?

[quote=“Bandage”]It was a belter of an effort too and I apologise, I should have waited for you to log back on to have another cut what with the timezones and all that.

Edit: Farmer has just reacted to Clarkey’s post. I can’t fooking believe it! Even when we tell him he reacts angrily - in that case, I’ll be found over on the Leitrim GAA thread next Thursday and Friday ridiculing the Leitrim senior football team ahead of their game in Galway.[/quote]

I made the mistake of travelling to that underpopulated cesspool Carrick-on-Shannon last year for the Galway-Leitrim clash. Galway were piss poor but still ran out easy winners against a plucky Leitirm side. Glad I’m not at home to consider wasting my time this year. Leitrim? Be serious - next!

yeah think i will just bite the bullit and give them half the loan back as i havent too much of it…might keep them off my back til next year when i have to get a proper job…just got it for the sake of it really…had plans on buying a new car but with motor tax and fuel prices im going changing to a diesel ball of shit…no more penalty points/boy racer shit…

I do indeed love this thread. I’m bolting out of work now at 3pm but please do continue the entertainment and I’ll catch up with it anon.

Sort of fcuked up in work this week. Tight deadline and didn’t go too well. Review meeting on it tomorrow.

Was thinking of taking a few days off due to work related stress.

No, on second thoughts I’ll just get on with it and face the music.

Farmer ya clown.

Tight deadline?
Review meeting?

You are a junior Appendage - don’t get ideas above your station…

You may be the oldest one in Ireland but that doesn’t give you the right to think you are TOOGOOD for it…

Cracking thread lads.

Indeed news of this thread has reached the southern hemisphere!

Was actually looking for some motivation as to how to pass away the hours doing nothing in my new place of employment…threads like this will do just nicely!

10-4

Bumped into Farmer in town at lunchtime.

I’d noticed the other night he mentioned on here about having to go to Cork for work and how he had some banter with Locke about that horrible little town.

‘How was Cork after?’

‘I didn’t go.’

‘Why?’

‘I was off sick for the last two days.’

‘What was wrong with you?’

‘Upset tummy.’

The more things change, eh.

Bandage has lost it here.

[quote=“Bandage”]Bumped into Farmer in town at lunchtime.

I’d noticed the other night he mentioned on here about having to go to Cork for work and how he had some banter with Locke about that horrible little town.

‘How was Cork after?’

‘I didn’t go.’

‘Why?’

‘I was off sick for the last two days.’

‘What was wrong with you?’

‘Upset tummy.’

The more things change, eh.[/quote]

Tinnion had told me about Farmer’s upset tummy actually. I felt for him, I really did.

Just read this thread from the beginning again. If you’ve got 15 mins spare today I’d highly recommend it. Tremendous banter mixed with sordid stories from the confines of a bank safe.