World Cup 2018 Betting Thread

Myself and the missus stayed there for 4 nights a couple of years ago. Its ideal, great location pal.

Nicd hotel bar there as well.

1 Like

God be with the days when most of us had a romantic view of Brazilian football .

Great minds mate. Not as confident as you but having a cut off them for semi finals place

We’re Uruguay underdogs when we won it twice before

Define underdog in the context of the World Cup ???

They were favourites and reigning Olympic champions in 1930. Brazil were favourites in 1950 but Uruguay had beaten then once and lost twice in a cup competition a few months before so not much between them

A country you wouldn’t have thought would have a decent chance beforehand

I know man it’s all changed, we’d all love to see the flair and skill but they don’t have the players they once had. Christ you could name 11 off the hand and make a dream team of them. But they realised now they have to be more like a Madrid to win games. Bit of dirt and skill seems to be the way.

Not so much that . Up to 1990 most of the players played at home and there was a certain aura because we didn’t see much of them . Tbey also had a inconic kit that now can be bought in a shop .

The last team that played with real flair was 1986 .

Brazil won’t win it IMO they are soft and the days of them steam rolling teams with their quality is long gone. This current side then is lacking the quality of their teams of old.

You are underestimating them mate, Neymar, Jesus and Willian is an unreal front 3, with Coutinho in behind. Then you have the likes of Douglas Costa and Firminho on the bench, that is serious firepower. You have Casemiro, Fernadinho doing the donkey work and then Marcello and Danilo out wide. Just going through that team there and their bench, can’t see anyone stopping them. They will stomp their way to the final and run up a couple of scores in the process. There isn’t the hysteria of 2014, it’s a different team with a different mentality. 4/1 a very fair price, I’m backing them anyway.

1 Like

Most likely to win it , writing off teams because of historical failings is madness

1 Like

There are no outstanding teams in it. I’d back a side who are well drilled and get results. If Portugal cone out of their group then they will go far.

Brazil should be defensively strong. In 2014 they collapsed because Thiago Silva got suspended. This year Thiago Silva probably won’t even get starting. They’ve got Marcelo and there’s that old adage about the team with the best fullbacks usually wins the World Cup.

They should be well suited to winning close matches against big teams when one of the front 3 comes up with a bit of magic.

Also if they lose Neymar then Firmino on the bench should have all the attributes to fulfil that tactical role. They lacked that depth in 2010.

I also just think that any time previously when Brazil have gone looking for redemption they’ve always found it.

Russia -1 to kick things off

Saudi Arabia to have 3+ Corners 10/11 Skybet

Saudi +1 5/2
Saudi 17/2

I’m keen to take on France against Australia. What does Australia +1.75, +1.5 has on Asian handicap mean? If they lose by two is it gone?

+1.75 means half stake goes on +2 and half stake on +1.5

If France were to win by exactly 2 you’d get half your stake back as the +2 part would be a void bet. You’d lose the half that was on the +1.5 though. Half Refund and Half loss

1 Like

Be careful when betting on Asian Handicap in play. You’ll be treating the match as 0-0 from when the bet was placed. Goals before the bet was placed are not taken in to account

This probably explains Asian Handicap a bit better.