World Cup 2018 Betting Thread

With PP @mac?

Ah I know. Looking for a few bets at bigger prices I can follow ove multiple games. Tough groups mean the price is decent in my view.

William Hill

Its a bit annoying that there’s only one game on Thursday and its at 4pm our time. Friday should be decent with Egypt-Uruguay and Portugal-Spain

Not if you finish work at 2. Cycle home from town along the lovely coastal cycle lane, stop for a swim at porto beach and then watch the first half before picking up the little ones around 5.
Can’t wait.

2 Likes

4 games on Saturday. :grimacing:

11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm

1 Like

It’s as well Palestine aren’t playing

1 Like

I’ll be lucky to see a game until Saturday so I’ll make up for lost time

Some proper degenerate stuff now

Every group game to have least 1 goal, 1 card and 7 corners - 250/1
Every group game to have at least 1 goal and 1 card - 50/1
Team top scorers - Griezmann, Cavani, Messi, Neymar, Heungmin Son

I know. I’ve a savage plan to send mrs J away with her ladypals for the evening to watch the games before demanding father’s day time when she gets back on sunday to watch more. Win win for both of us.

2 Likes

I think they will struggle to get out of the group.

Serbia have some experienced hands then in Ivanovic and Kolarov probably at right and left back. This will be like a home tournament to them too it must be remembered being over the road inside the old Soviet Union. Their last manager was sacked after leading them to the tournament and it’s believed to be because he wouldn’t play Savic of Lazio, who set Serie A alight last season and is a target for Man Utd now. The new manager has taken over at an unusual time to say the least so will be interesting to see what he can conjure from them. They’re 6/5 to qualify from the group but there is no value in that in my opinion when Brazil are a near certainty and then you have the Swiss at evens and Costa Rica 4/1 to qualify. A case of sit back and watch I think. I would maybe back them against the Swiss as they will be underdogs and the Swiss are watery enough.

1 Like

You can get 30/1 on King Luis to be top scorer.

33/1 is widely available for him to win the Golden Ball award and you even can get as high as 44/1.

I expect him to be right in the mix for both awards - I expect Uruguay to reach the quarter-finals and give them a good chance of making the last four.

I think the Swiss are a fairly solid outfit. They brought the Argies to extra time 4 years ago and Poland beat them on penalties in the Euros. Serbia are much more likely to implode than Switzerland and the odds are fair enough IMO

Oh yeah there is of course that danger of infighting and implosion with Serbia that you won’t get with the Swiss. But if Serbia are pulling the same way they can scupper Switzerland. Serbia play Switzerland in game two having played Costa Rica first day out. There is every chance they might be heading into that fixture on 3pts and the Swiss on zero after playing Brazil. The positioning of the fixtures gives huge impetus to Serbia to gather momentum and maybe they are through before meeting Brazil in game three.

1 Like

Germany and Brazil to be the final. price?

I think they’re a very limited team and won’t get out of their group. Playing Brazil first doesn’t do them any favours as they’ll likely be playing catch up after that.

I wouldn’t trust them to win any of their three matches actually.

Costa Rica usually give a very good account of themselves at World Cups and shouldn’t be ruled out of doing so again.

9/1 PP

1 Like

Short enough but looks likely.

They are certainly limited and won’t score many but are also very experienced in major tournaments and qualifying from the group in those tournaments. Serbia have better players definitely. Apparently a lot of the Costa Rica team are past their prime but they should pick up at least a point somewhere