World Cup Betting Thread

17/2

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 955323, member: 109”]I’ve got on at 8.5/1 with SeanieMac so you can rolleye and FFS an apology out of yourselves you gimps
[/QUOTE]
You’ve been mugged off big style @Mac

Not if they process it as 2 singles :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, fuck you @North County Corncrake

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 955219, member: 48”]A thread to keep tabs on wagers during the second greatest show on earth.

So far I’ve backed :

Uruguay to top Group D @ 7/4
Edin Dzeko (ew) to be top scorer @ 80/1
Australia to lose all 3 group games @ 11/8 *

• @North County Corncrake says this bet cannot fail and who am I to argue with the forums leading Socceroo / Italian[/QUOTE]

Ahoy :clap:

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 956687, member: 53”]Benzema top scorer @ 33-1

Argentina/Benzema top scorer double @ 200-1
Germany, Colombia, France all to win their groups. Just over 4-1[/QUOTE]

Bumping this thread as the other one is a piece of shit. I’ve high hopes for the above as well.
Although I’m seething with Benzema for the peno and the ref for the early whistle in the last game.

My Eden Hazard bet is fucked.

Bumping this thread in advance of the 2018 competition. Any betting related talk we can keep it here so it won’t get lost in the muddle of the main thread.

Anyone got any wagers done to this point where the price is still available and they deem it to be a worthwhile bet?

I haven’t looked at this at all yet but decided to check some of the group betting just there. I see Senegal are 5/1 to win group H and 6/4 to qualify from it. It’s a very open looking group with Colombia, Poland and Japan as their rivals and I read something that whenever Senegal have qualified for a soccer competition on the world stage they’ve always got out of the group. Anyone know if they’re any use? I know they have that Sane/Mane fella from Liverpool up front. Was it Senegal players though that West Ham said they’d never employ again because they’re all too lazy?

1 Like

From my 30 seconds of research I reckon they could do with a goalie.

Not if they score more than the other team.

yeah i usually do a few of these
i backed Morocco at 4/1 to qualify from group B when the draw was made - 50 quid on that
they’re a fine side and im not sure if portugal are going to make it out of that group really

2 Likes

Egypt to win group A at 5/1 i need to give more thought to
you have Russia, Uruguay and Saudi in there also
i need to look at squads and stuff a bit more
Saudi are awful, all their players are domestically based due to some draconian law, they had two on loan at Villareal and Getafe maybe for a few months this year but reports stated they were not good enough at all
saudi are probably a bet not to score a goal id say
these domestic leagues in the middle east are very slow and ponderous, players physically are slight and football is almost non contact, Jordan got found out in 2013 when uruguay trashed them in the qualifier with again a very much domestic based sidem you cant expect players to suddenly step up really
You look at sides like Iran , they have their best players in Holland, that fella at Az whose name escapes me who played against Dundalk in 2016 is a lovely player, Egypt have Salah and Elmeny to name two…

I wouldn’t bet against Russia here @mickee321. One of the most corrupt nations in a historically corrupt sport? I’d say Betting on the opponents of Russia to get red cards and betting on Russia to get penos in these games will be the order of the day.

1 Like

@Watchyourtoes throw up the accum for 4/1 there

Brazil,Germany,France all to top their groups,Croatia and Poland to qualify from theirs pays 7/2

Take that to the degenerates thread.

It’s a winner.

I’ve a feeling croatia will be dumped out early.

What odds are England to win the World Cup?

you lazy cunt

6 Likes

[quote=“Smark, post:47, topic:19078, full:true”]I haven’t looked at this at all yet but decided to check some of the group betting just there. I see Senegal are 5/1 to win group H and 6/4 to qualify from it. It’s a very open looking group with Colombia, Poland and Japan as their rivals and I read something that whenever Senegal have qualified for a soccer competition on the world stage they’ve always got out of the group. Anyone know if they’re any use? I know they have that Sane/Mane fella from Liverpool up front. Was it Senegal players though that West Ham said they’d never employ again because they’re all too lazy?
[/quote]

They’ve got a few players who people who watch English football/Europa League/Champions League would be familiar with.

Obviously Mané is quality; they have Niasse of Everton, Diouf of Stoke, Sakho who used to play for West Ham, Niang formerly of Milan and Moussa Sow who’s scored lots of goals in Turkey.

All attacking options, presumably won’t all play.

In midfield, they have Gueye of Everton; used to play for Villa. Kouyate of West Ham is the captain, I rate him. Also Alfie N’Diaye who used to play for Sunderland/Hull; think he just got promoted with Wolves.

That Koulibaly who plays for Napoli is highly-rated as a centre-back. But I know Papy Djilobodji was also in their squad and he is absolutely awful.

Still, not a bad group of players; came through qualifying fairly comfortably; group isn’t the worst- have a chance to get out of the group.