World War 2

We didn’t get attacked. The Americans got involved because they got attacked

Agree with that. What happened there was absolutely wrong.

The cunts bombed Dublin

neverforget

It’s disappointing and I’m amazing it isn’t held against us by the French, us or brits.

If it was the other way round we’d be constantly slagging them off.

There would have been sympathy towards Germany too. They we’re fucked over in the Treaty of Versailles and often gave us arms to fight against the English. Nobody knew much about the concentration camps until the later stages of the war either.

1 Like

Surely people at the top would have known about them?

No. The poles and the English knew.

Any knowledge of what happens if the e.u go to war? Would this not have been a sticking point when we were joining up?

What are you on about mate it’s not a military alliance.

I don’t think we’ll see any future world wars in the short term anyway pal, the advent of atomic bombs changed that thankfully.

More likely in the future to have a world war type evrnt over the internet via cyber attacks etc

Might seem grand, but where we’re going in terms of a digital cashless society, maybe not so.

Russia won the war but in terms of casualties Russia very much lost the war too.

EU can’t go to war. Not a military alliance

:laughing: Do you have any idea as to why the EU was founded?

3 Likes

Really? I didn’t know That.

A lot of armchair generals on TFK now I see

2 Likes

For 5 or 6 countries to trade for oil and that sort of thing.

It was founded for the exact opposite reason. Europe saw the devastation wars bring and said “let’s not do that anymore”

Hitter had no strategic interest in owning France, Britain and especially Ireland. This idea we would have been speaking German is laughable. He wanted his empire expanding east. He was obsessed with communism and beating the Soviet Union.
He could have finished the Brits at Dunkirk had he considered them the true enemy.

@EstebanSexface and @backinatracksuit will be sick this topic is taking off.

I would have been a good war time chief