Wrongs perpetrated by the British Army (the original title was buggering me)

35 innocent Catholics were killed in the Armagh/Tyrone region in the 10 months prior to Kingsmill?

How many were killed in the same period after Kingsmill?

Kingsmills was wrong but it was effective in stopping innocent nationalists being murdered in that region.

Unlike you I’m not a sanctimonious hypocrite.

Where have you condemned Dunmanway?

Before you go any further you should disclose that your view of the old IRA is the Peter Hart/Eoghan Harris one, as you were spouting on GAABoard.

The irony!

I never said I didn’t condemn it. In fact I never even addressed it as it was irrelevant to what happened at Kingsmill and I didn’t even want to engage with you.

Is he not the same guy that was happy to sing songs about a kid getting blown up?

1 Like

You never condemned it either.

I find that odd when you are crying so vividly about Kingsmill. It shows you clearly have an agenda at play here.

Catholics were being targeted in sectarian murders on a frequent basis by a loyalist murder squad in the Armagh/Tyrone region during that period. Nothing was being done about it. When Kingsmill happened, those killings stopped.

This is a thread about things the British Army did wrong.

Kingsmill is not relevant to this thread.

So your hypocrisy is badly exposed here.

And once again I note another refusal to condemn Dunmanway.

It was a terrible act, but the alternative was what exactly? Don’t forget the Glenanne gang operated with Protestant civilian support. The result of the terrible act was a halt to sectarian killings in the area, although the Brits recommended killing 30 schoolchildren the next day. Thankfully some saner heads prevailed to avoid what would have been civil war.

So sectarian killings are acceptable, says you. Let me know the next time you post about Palestine.

It’s highly relevant as when the old IRA deemed it necessary to kill Protestant civilians they did it.

So what are you saying?

It was a terrible act. Or it was justified. It can’t be both.

He has no problem with violent and sectarian acts to win the freedom of his state it seems.

Did somebody say sectarianism?

1 Like

It’s deflecting away from Kingsmill, I said all sectarian killings cannot be justified. It is trying to somehow justify Kingsmill by saying ‘Oh well similar was done in the Old IRA’. It was wrong then and it’s wrong now, and the wrongness then doesn’t change the wrongness now’.

In the context of war I would use the term a necessary evil. If the IRA were sectarian they would have focused solely on killing Protestant civilians. I wouldn’t expect a west Brit Trotskyite to understand.

But one of their key foundations was non sectarianism. That’s why they were ‘better’ than the other side.

These threads sure make strange bedfellows. Here we have @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy and @Tierneevin1979 playing tag team.

One is a genuine Jew hater. The other claims to love the Jewish people but sees sectarian slaughter in one arena, Northern Ireland, as acceptable despite spending five years saying that sectarian slaughter in another arena, Israel/Palestine, is evil.

Mad stuff.

You’re deflecting away from Wrongs the British army committed. That’s what this thread is about.

You seem to have zero interest in the violent and sectarian actions the Old IRA were involved in. I think it’s very relevant to show the sheer hypocrisy and agenda you have here.

Does this sicken you?

It was a terrible act, but the IRA deemed it necessary at the time. Like Dunmanway and countless other IRA atrocities.

“West Brit” is a racist term and it’s also dreadfully lame. I’m actually a Marxist, myself and the Irish football team are part of the same Marxist brigade.