Ye Olde FA Cup 2021

The likes of Newcastle and Palace should really target the cups as a means of silverware.

That’s essentially it. Sky Sports Super Sunday and its various races, for Top 4, to stay in the EPL, to get into the EPL unfortunately killed off the FA Cup. Most clubs field reserve or weakened teams all the way up to semi finals. The elite coterie of super franchises have sufficient strength in depth to get away with that and advance fielding reserve teams.

When Spurs last won the FA Cup in 1991, just over a year before the advent of the EPL, it was a record breaking 8th FA Cup win in the 120 odd years of the competition dating back to the start of the 1870’s. In 27 years of the EPL era, Woolwich alone have won it 8 times, Chelsea 7 and Man U 5.

Arsenal, United and Chelsea would all like to win it you’d imagine. Three new enough managers looking for some silverware. Pep would probably take it at this stage but I doubt he gives too much of a fuck

1 Like

Pep is going for a cup treble, mate

Yes Pep’s record of 30 trophies in 11 years really indicates that he doesn’t give much of a fuck about cup competitions

I’d imagine it’s the CL he wants and would trade infinite FA cups for it

You’ll win no champions league with Walker, otamendi, mendy and gundogan

There isn’t any overlap in the competitions. He’s probably the best domestic cup manager of all time

Were the semi finals not always an afternoon affair?

1-0 to the Arsenal

Would have made a great double bill today both semis

Anyone have a decent stream for this?

1 Like

cc @Copper_pipe

PC or Phone?

iPad preferably

https://myoplay.club/oplive/

Try that. X out of the ads etc

1 Like

My hero

Arsenal will regret their misses here