Ye Olde League Cup Thread

Can someone bump the Mick McCarthy thread please.

Cracking header by Noel Hunt last night

The mighty Villa needed a last minute goal to see off the mighty Swindon. Benteke with 2. Lambert wasn’t impressed with him last night but he has had a great start to his Villa career. Gabby’s goal was the pick of them though. Ireland with a good assist for the first

Gabby got a cracker in fairness to him KIB.

But he only seems able to score in this competition which is a pity, when he arrived on the scene i thought he was a big star in the making. What has happened? Negative managers? Playing out of position?

I think that Benteke lad looks a decent player. Always thought Agbonlahor was talented too - can’t be easy playing in that team over the past few years but don’t think there’s much between him and Young.

ouch- the final nail in the coffin for KIBMAN - Rocko throwing him a few crumbs out of pity

The Manchester United support have a couple of amusing banners at Chelsea:

“Clattenburg, Referee, Leader, Legend.” Mimicking the similar John Terry “Captain, Leader, Legend” banner Chelsea fans display.

Also “Chelsea FC - against racism since last Sunday.”

“You’re just a shit Swansea City”, sing the Swansea fans to their hosts at Anfield.

Nani scored as good a goal as you’ll see this year from start to finish a few minutes ago. Nick Powell looking extremely assured here for a kid his age.

Went mad on the weights the summer MON left. Seemed to lose a lot of his speed. Was going well back then as a lone centre forward but had the likes of the majestic Ashley Young supplying him. He is a pretty dumb lad though and lacks game intelligence. Rare enough to see him score a tap in and doesn’t seem able to read a game
at all.

Hazard :clap:

Wooton looked capable of doing something stupid like that for the entire second half. Cracker of a game actually, fancy Chelsea for the win now. Giggs looks absolutely knackered, and Wooton won’t hold out for another 30 mins I don’t think.

Fuck sake. Ready to celebrate a hard fought win

I think there may have been a few posters on here who rated that useless cunt Romeu?

Don’t read too much into it mate, there’s posters on here that rate Mick McCarthy.

Wooton :lol:

Wooton is a botton.

Mick McCarthy is a very good manager.

A what?

A botton.

Our Milk Cup title, won in such glorious circumstances under the great Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, is gone. Swansea clinch a 3-1 win with a last gasp breakaway goal.