You Are Not Stuck In Covid, You Are Covid Part 6 of infinite

I think I have been riddled with covid but every test I have has been negative. Even the doctor thinks I have had covid at some stage, said don’t think so have had chest infections and hay fever but an anti histamine or antibiotics sorted that out. Something to be said for running those 5ks.

2 Likes

There’s two weeks oxygen left in this Omicron stuff. Vaccines work.

1 Like

Why is it the vaccine that is changing this?

No sign that all those pesky unvaccinated have done anything different.

Box office Luke wants the clubs open

3 Likes

That’s as shamelessly dishonest a narrative by McNamara as you’ll see.

Let’s be clear about what McNamara’s narrative is here. It’s that lockdown or restrictions are leading to a statistically higher amount of suicides than normal.

That’s a lie.

Duh suicides in Q2 2021 were up significantly compared to the previous year, because Q2 2020 had a very small number of suicides compared to the average.

It is nothing more than reversion to closer to the mean.

Q2 was April-June 2020, which included the height of the first wave of the pandemic, and the most stringent lockdown of any time during the pandemic. Yet it produced a very low number of suicides compared to the average.

Q2 2021 had 73 suicides. But averaged out over a year, that would mean 292 suicides, which would be the lowest figure for many years.

And indeed 2020 had the lowest amount of suicides for many years. Which means McNamara’s narrative is not just a shameless lie, but the exact opposite of the truth.

Suicides in Q1 2021 - the most restricted quarter of 2021 - went DOWN by 50% compared to Q2 2020, which was largely free of restrictions.

Source:

To sum up, McNamara’s narrative does not hold up whatsoever and he is a liar and a chancer.

It is really frustrating that liars like McNamara keep chancing their arm with their lying, Ewanist fake narratives.

1 Like

So we have The Doxxer, a serial abuser of misinformation throughout these threads now accusing others of doing the same.

3 Likes

Weaponising suicide isn’t cool.

Funnily enough, the same people who weaponise suicide and lie about suicide are pretty much always the same people who tell victims of long Covid that they are weak snowflakes who have nothing wrong with them.

Fuck knows what they’d say to somebody contemplating suicide.

You wouldn’t want to know, I’ll put it that way.

1 Like

Weaponising deaths isn’t cool but the vaccine fascists have had little problem trying to do that consistently across these threads.

Suicide and mental health have been two huge areas that have been pressed with pandemic restrictions enforced, particularly in young people.

2 Likes

McNamara has had a great pandemic

7 Likes

You might address the figures I put up which demolished his narrative?

Would seem common courtesy.

I’m agreeing with you here :scream:

Suicide is a savage complex issue. It’s frankly insulting to people who suffer from genuine mental health issues to suggest that lockdowns would be the sole cause of it, or that they would cause ordinarily healthy people to suddenly become suicidal.

Now, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that lockdowns have caused mental health issues, as well as bad diet, excessive drinking and isolation, and these may manifest themselves in serious mental health issues further down the line. I think that’s a very real concern and one that shouldn’t be overlooked.

4 Likes

Unreal

Cases are through the roof but hospitals remain the same, pal.

I don’t think it’s a stretch either. Life has in general been pretty shit and dull and disappointing for everybody, and for some (hand up) it has been worse than that.

But, again, let’s be clear about what the narrative that McNamara, and others like MacKenna have consistently spun with no evidence at all.

Their narrative is that lockdown or restrictions has led to a statistically meaningful rise in the amount of suicides.

Yet that narrative is not just wrong. It’s the opposite of the truth.

That they continue to peddle this lying rot is an utterly shameful reflection on them as human beings.

They cannot be considered as anything other than downright liars, disinformation peddlers and propagandists.

Luke better not read this.

So?

Testing is at far higher levels than it was this time last year.

The UK are paying a whopping ÂŁ22 per dose of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

Each dose costs ÂŁ0.76 to make.

Plus they signed a shit legal deal which means they cannot bring Pfizer to court in the UK and the public cannot even know if they are in dispute.

The Brexit dividend. For Pfizer.

Looks the mystery of who the eternally cheerful, “everything is great” “HSE Covid Consultant” of Twitter renown is has been solved.

It’s Eoghan Harris, sorry, I mean Kealan Flynn, a former ministerial advisor (1990-1994, so work out what party was in government in all those years), now a management consultant not from Dublin but from Claremorris, based in Galway.

Kealan is not a hospital consultant. Kealan is not a doctor. Who would have guessed that.

Wow, posters actually saying that Covid lockdown has not resulted in a huge increase in mental health problems. I think most people would admit their mental health has suffered during covid lockdowns. Fair play to Michael McNamara for calling this issue out.

5 Likes