You Are Not Stuck In Covid, You Are Covid Part 6 of infinite

Can an edit 28 minutes later be a “ninja edit”? :grinning:

Like Phil the Greek doing karate. :grinning:

@artfoley

He’s now crying about someone else not addressing questions.

I’d say at some point in 2022 the men in white coats will be around.

no bang of deranged there at all, no siree

Again, the question is can you point me to the provision in the constitution where the govt are bound by NPHET advice

I’ve explained why the government took its decision. You’ve ignored that and repeated your odd and illogical rant over and over again.

Why don’t you respond to the post where I gave you the reasons for the decision? You asked for them.

How does it benefit society for him to not snort ketamine?

Seamus O’Reilly has become a successful author on the back of snorting ketamine.

Another bizarre and illogical position you’ve assumed.

Coming in cold to this thread today, I think @Cheasty is winning this debate with ease.

8 Likes

In any job you ate specified about not speaking about the “company” in public and to ensure to inform anybody you are not an official spokes person and to go through offical channels. I don’t see why civil servants would be any different on this. Public criticism of your employer can and should have reprimands

You haven’t explained anything.

I laid the only two possible scenarios as regards the Government and NPHET.

You have avoided saying which one you think it is.

You said you wanted transparency.

Now you don’t.

That is the kernel of the total dishonesty and bullshitting of OIUTF.

You do a complete 180 in your views about transparency based on what you want and think nobody will notice.

You want transparency if it looks like NPHET are going to get their way, you want no transparency if it looks like the Government/business lobbies will get their way at the expense of public health.

Pure football fan stuff.

That’s great for Seamus and much happy ketamine snorting to him, but it sure ain’t doing Tankie any good.

Although I do agree with him when he says the unvaccinated should be dragged out and have their heads kicked off very hard brick walls.

1 Like

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy needs to reassert his authority on the proceedings

No. You are wrong. That’s not my logic, nor my ĺposition. We need to know who said what, during nephet meetings. It should be noted documented and as @batigol said, they should be fucked out by the dept Health if they are shit at it or acting the bollox. But nephet meetings are not public policy.
And the members of nephet have no remit to dictate policy. So they should have no right to speak to anyone publicly about what should happen.* Let the government communicate it’s strategy to the people. Simple.

*I have no problem with Big Tony doing a desert island discs, or even just answering some questions about cervical check etc.

1 Like

What’s the latest lads?

“You are wrong”.

FFS sake.

NPHET are supposedly the experts. Now I think they’ve gotten plenty of things wrong, but I’d sure trust them a damn sight more than I’d trust a Government, none of whom have any expertise whatsoever in public health or virology or immunology or anything else relevant, and which is pure fodder for business lobby groups who haven’t a bull’s notion about public health.

The question is: Are the Government rejecting their advice? And if so, why?

If they are taking their advice, why muzzle NPHET?

We know what “acting the bollox” means in OIUTF parlance. It means saying anything the OIUTFers don’t like.

The fucking snowflakes.

What’s wrong with telling you that you are wrong when you are talking about ‘my logic’? It’s quite clear really.

OK. You are wrong. End of, etc., etc.

Cc: of @caoimhaoin.

Those poxy HSE ads that are on the radio are a pile of wank. Thanks for not coming to the party, it was a great night. What a wanker.

3 Likes

To be fair that ad is very realistic in that it’s exactly the sort of thing you’d say to a load of posters here.

Both in Covid times and particularly non-Covid times.

With regards to your other question, why would the government disregard nephets advice. There are plenty of reasons. Chiefly, that they are trying(you would hope) to do what’s best for the country.
Restrictions need public buy in to remain effective. Severe restrictions will be ignored by many. They are trying to hit the sweetspot of restrictions and compliance. They also have to factor in how many people they will fuck over with these restrictions and the social and financial impact. And they are also, every one of them, at all times thinking about the political side effects for themselves.

1 Like

“dear sid, thanks for not logging on yesterday. the lads had some great debates about covid policy and there was some laughs as well. anyway, get well soon and thanks for staying offline. from the boys at TFK”

7 Likes

Looks like they will try and stop people going out by changing isolation rules for close contacts. It’ll probably work for enough people to keep them happy.