You Are Not Stuck In Covid, You Are Covid Part 6 of infinite

4 Likes

Yet the likes of @the_man_himself and @glasagusban swallow every lie they are told without question.

1 Like
4 Likes

cc @Cheasty

Hearing of lots of people that I know getting it… A few friends who’ve been generally careful let their guard down this week and went on the beer and have all tested positive. All mild symptoms tho but no Christmas for a couple of them who are single…Their families have disowned them…

2 Likes

That appears the common story alright.

The fact that hospitalisations are dropping is positive news…
But, could it be down to people generally practicing a bit of personal responsibility added to the younger cohort that are not doing so getting mild symptoms regardless?

Either way, the circle jerk over hospital cases dropping will look better if cases are still low mid January imo.

Stick the course people ffs

I’d expect the hospital numbers to go up over the Christmas because the hospitals are slower to discharge over the festive season due to lower staff numbers. It’s some balls being recovered in hospital and waiting to be discharged.

1 Like

Their families must fairly hate them to disown them for catching a cold. There’s deeper problems going on there for sure pal, you should look into that.

1 Like

Its over.

1 Like

It’s rampant at the moment. The hospital figures will tell us a lot more in 2 or 3 weeks

2 Likes

On the flip side they’ll be firing them out the door today and tomorrow

Hi pal… No, none of them have a cold, it’s deffo covid and as per medical advice are isolating. One has a father just over cancer treatment and a recent op so not ideal.

1 Like

I’d expect Long Covid will be reheated now.

Fewer people in hospital now than the date the science decided it was safe to open the nightclubs

4 Likes

This is true. I think people are going to be surprised at the growth of the case numbers over the next week/10 days. Positivity rates in Dublin already spiking.

Obviously the data about the severity is encouraging but the current hospitalisations aren’t Omicron so that data really only shows the space available for the next wave

1 Like

Surely This will be offset by the reduced number of lads ending up in hospital after the usual nationwide Stephen’s day bar brawls…they won’t be able to tag Covid onto lads coming in with pint bottles of bulmers sticking out of their head …

2 Likes

Ah yeah well that certainly makes sense to be isolating from his father in that scenario although I still think there’s deeper issues there for the disowning. Hopefully not all of your make believe friends have fathers in the same situation though and some of them might enjoy the crimbo celebrations.

1 Like

I have 3 different friend groups of lads mid to late 20s and all 3 have covid cases just since the weekend, 1 of them basically everyone in that group has it.

Now all of those have mild symptoms at the moment having said that.

These your college buddies? Sure they could do a day long zoom call on Xmas day, few drinking games. Actually doesn’t sound the worst to me! Not a minutes peace we will get in our gaffs

Day long zoom call? I like my friends but wouldnt fancy listening to them all day.