You Are Not Stuck In Covid, You Are Covid Part 6 of infinite

Very bad use.

1 Like

Nah. Be grand. #teamofus bandwagon will be rolling soon so the sheepskin brigade will want full houses

1 Like

Correct. We should be in a very different place by March.

Get @Bandage in charge. He’s the man to smash 5k limits.

1 Like

He’s an ignorant little cunt and you showed him. The show goes on, baby.

2 Likes

So the vaccines stop transmission (hence the vaccine certs) yet his Holiness reckons we had half a million cases last week?

2 Likes

Paddy was told he’d save the world if he got a rake of jabs and lapped it up, result, the country riddled with covid!

3 Likes

Easing the close contact rules based on vaccine status is an absolute cod. What’s the point of it if you can still spread the virus if you are vaccinated as opposed to none vaccinated. Is the idea stop the spread with isolation?

The idea is encourage more people to get the booster that is felt by the professionals to decrease the chance of serious illness and also free up a big percentage of people to work who were sitting at home even though there is a good chance they are no risk to anyone.
On newstalk this morn Eamon Ryan ruled out extending the 8pm closing for business until February which is far more difficult to see any reason for.

1 Like

You say the vaccines don’t work @The_Most_Infamous.

So could you explain this?

Have you ever considered you might be wrong?

I’m not saying they don’t work. But they certainly arent working as well as we were told they would in the first half of 2021.

The waning aspect of their efficacy is a big big problem. We are going to see the same thing in a few weeks down the line with the booster.

Natural immunity for those not in at risk categories has to now no longer be a “dirty word”.

Look anyone in the vulnerable should absolutely get their vaccine(s).

The transmission piece is key though. You’ll know all too well that the CDC director was on CNN the other day and she even said - “the current vaccines can’t stop transmission”.

That is a big problem.

3 Likes

Get the vaccine, then get the omicron, then get out from under the bed

4 Likes

So are we going to the place we argued a few days ago? Pushing people to the booster or be excluded from society? With no evidence to back it? I saw in the independent that one of the suggestions is a person with a positive antigen and no symptoms can go about their business as normal if they have the 3 jabs. What is the difference to someone that doesn’t since you can still transmit the virus? How does this stop the spread and protect the health service. Doing this is no difference to open up and drive on for all.

A really convoluted method to frame the narravite

1 Like

RTÉ Mourning Ireland managed to pull a Jeremiah from DCU out from under the bed this morning. When her opening words were “My concern is” you knew where the conversation was going.

5 Likes

Fauci has said we’re on threshold of just getting on with life again and living with Covid as we live with other respiratory illnesses.

3 Likes

I’d say there’s lads on here who’d love to be appointed ‘Covid Trustee’

Nearly time for a new variant lads, people are getting cocky and wanting to live a normal life again

10 Likes

I’m predicting contagious long covid

So you’re saying they work. Great.

They’re working exactly as they were advertised. The problem of a vaccine evasive variant was one that was well flagged, not least by myself, but was widely dismissed, indeed laughed at, by those who thought they knew better.

Even with a vaccine evasive variant the vaccines continue give excellent protection against severe symptoms and disease.

So called “natural immunity” has always been a terrible idea, because it results in lots of dead and chronically ill people and overruns health systems and means societies can’t function. It also leads to new variants.

That doesn’t tally with what you have said throughout the pandemic. Not least what you said about your 86 year old relative and your very blasĂ© attitude towards her not getting vaccinated.

It could be a big problem. There will always be a fresh supply of old people whose immune systems may fail under the stress of having Covid.

Which is why I would prefer an Omicron specific vaccine or a universal vaccine.

But your acknowledgement of the possibility that it could be a problem means you’re holding two conflicting and fundamentally incompatible opinions.

If it’s a big problem, then the pandemic is not over and is not likely to be any time soon. Which conflicts with your belief that it’s “a cod”.

Something can’t be both “a cod” and “a big problem”.

I see it as a big problem for the current vaccines that we have potentially. If they can’t stop transmission and their efficacy wanes to close to zero after 20 weeks for the double jabbed. They’re a bit of cod in comparison to what we were told. You can’t dispute that. It also makes a mockery of vaccine mandates such as covid passports/certs.

Now on the other hand - Omicron seems to be significantly milder than previous variants and we may get out of this pandemic given its transmissibilty. Especially if Delta is out of the equation. that is positive.

There is grounds for optimism in fairness with the volume of case numbers over the last 4 or 5 weeks and ICU remaining stable.

1 Like