You are still stuck arguing about Covid Part 6 of infinite (Part 7)

Exactly. But even more so the cycles we were using. They’d pick up anything at all and make it positive.

2 Likes

We’ll have a 30 minute delay on tfk posts again soon

2 Likes

Whatever your view on things it was an incredible bit of history. The fear those first two weeks was unreal.

15 Likes

I remember walking into a shed with ould fella at end of March 2020 and trying figure out how we’d debud a calf whilst maintaining a 2m distance.

17 Likes

When i came home from Cheltenham, there were daily calls from people for two weeks wondering if i was on death’s door yet.

3 Likes

The damage this fella caused

1 Like

The day before the schools closed I got a call from a pal who has a medical company who said to pull the kids from school whatever happened

The day the schools closed my older lad came home - he was 11 then. I’ve never before or since seen him as happy as that day.

4 Likes

You careless bastard, you fucked us all

The various memes with those lads in the sharp suits and sunglasses dancing away out in Africa as they carried the coffin.

2 Likes

Maybe. But im fairly sure tallback was lecturing all and sundry about cycle thresholds and other assorted minutiae

Which scientist was it again that wanted to push Christmas out to March?

Jokes aside. The people “who asked questions” were deemed as dangerous lunatics by the mainstream media. It was an eye opener for me anyway.

2 Likes

Tomas Ryan

2 Likes

Tomas Ryan. Top of the list.

A lunatic.

1 Like

You’d wonder had he much shares in Pfizer etc, or was he a complete simpleton in his field. If thats the case he should sacked.

Three years after the event and you still have lads clinging desperately to what they were told by their government back then, that has been shown conclusively to be utter scutter.

Covid is caused by an airborne virus, meaning if the virus is present in the air anyone who breathes that air can get infected. You could literally enter a room a half hour after an infected person left and get infected. If you wanted to reduce the chance of getting infected stay away from crowded public indoor spaces, and spend as much time outdoors as possible. Whether people got infected or not was largely random.

Masks do fuck all to protect you, a well fitted N95 might buy you a bit more time before getting infected.

Vaccines were forced on everyone based on the bullshit that they would prevent transmission. Now the narrrative is “we never said they would”. You did, that was your justification for mandates, you lying cunts. No doubt the vaccines helped vulnerable people survive an encounter with Covid, but the downside is the widespread vaccination during a pandemic led to the virus evolving to escape vaccine immunity. This effect got worse with boosters of the same vaccine.

Vaccines were a double edged sword. At least 80% of people dodn’t need them as Covid was not a serious threat to them, and acquired immunity is superior to vaccine immunity, similar to most contagious diseases.
We got lucky in that the virus evolved to be much more contagious with lower virulence, it could just as easily have gone in the opposite direction (and still could, the claim that viruses always evolve like this is a 19th century myth long debunked).

The virus most likely emerged from research at a Wuhan lab, those covering up are the Chinese government and the US agencies that were funding the work and trained the Chinese scientists how to make a virus like SARS2 (its all in the literature, literally a recipe for making it).

They basically lied about everything, and lads still lapping it up.

19 Likes

He was an absolute bluffer. Plucked those figures out of his arse, as the Anglo boys would say. Swallowed unconditionally by Gav Reilly, Zara King, Fergal Bowers and the rest of the press back.

1 Like

The WeCanBeZero saps trying to turn their authoritarian crusade into a Tidy Towns/Winning Streak/GGA like campaign

The same people are asking questions about unvetted and undocumented immigrants now and are being painted in a similar light.

6 Likes

Ryan? He was one of those saying the vaccine wasn’t enough and that we needed to investigate every case like it was a murder.

1 Like