You are still stuck arguing about Covid Part 6 of infinite (Part 7)

Just a thought @Cheasty , would like your thoughts on this.

If the virus had not moved from Delta to Omicron in South Africa back in November 2021 where the vast majority of the population were unvaccinated.

How would we be looking now in March 2023 in terms of vaccine protection for the general public here that had got their two doses in 2021.

I think we would back to square one potentially myself regardless of the 96% vaccination rate across the population. ie - we’re lucky nature sorted the pandemic out for us.

To put all our eggs in Pfizers, Astrazenica etcs basket who lets face it arent in the work they do to actually cure people was mental. If they did provide immunity they would lose out on the boosters etc. Awful but thats the way they operate.

Christ, back with this “with” nonsense.

These canards are like the one about Liverpool fans supposedly pissing over the dead at Hillsborough, bullshit never dies

You are a classic in the genre of trying to speak something into existence. i.e. intellectual capacity. Spolier alert: It hasnt worked.

You scream and project insecurity amongst many other things. There is nothing subtle, well thought out or remotely interesting behind this facade. Your “alibi” in your own words, was and ever is the guardian.

In summary an angry old man hanging onto dreams of when he used to mind the corner flags in Croke Park when Ballyhale were winning all Irelands. The halycon days.

1 Like

“bean”? You ok pal??

We were already close to fully open when Omicron came in, 50k attended Ireland v Portugal. That couldn’t have happened without the vaccines. We wouldn’t have been near back to square one.

I’m operating at less than full capacity.

1 Like

We wouldnt have been for long without the advent of Omicron. That was the best thing to happen. Pharmaceutical interventions pissed about a bit untested and in time may actually have been worse for people, certainly in the categories below 40 without underlying illnesses. They didnt need them.

I don’t think you need to be tip top to see off most comers here.

1 Like

We were already firmly on the road to opening society. Boosters were coming in at this point. Most people were well protected against serious illness and would have remained so.

Thats good…and bad. There seems to be little doubt that natural immunity is far superior

1 Like

I don’t agree mate. We were going towards an open ended loop of restrictions and further fear. We’ll never know I suppose. 8pm closing for the fully vaxxed that Christmas in pubs and restaurants - lets not forget.

The advent of the virus moving to a more contagious version of itself in Omicron that did not impact the peoples lungs saved the day i think anyway.

That and the Limerick hurlers winning back to back All Irelands in 2020 and 2021.

I don’t know why everyone cant just get along

1 Like

Okay. I take your points, which are decent and well intended.

My main point is that many right wing people are that way because they believe the best reaction to a problem is impatience. This orientation has the knock on effect of fostering a craving for simple ‘solutions’ to complex problems.

Vaccines were an imperfect but necessary response to a crisis. To me, anyone who keeps parroting the ‘nearly everyone should have been let get Covid’ line is a fool, dangerously so, and addicted to inanities. That scenario was never going to be allowed happen. Lads can batter on about Sweden and all the rest of it as much as they want. If their ambition is to be on the same level as Andrew Brigden, Mark Francois and Mattie McGrath, so be it. I have different ambitions, like all sensible pragmatic people.

You asked me to address an obscure article about Pzifer. By the same token, here are two points I have quite often raised that none of the kangos ever wished to address, because the implications of the twinned topics make them deeply uncomfortable:

1 What would have happened in 2020 if the (Irish) government had refused to introduce restrictions? Specifically, what would have happened if a substantial amount of people had imposed upon themself a de facto lockdown (which there are many cogent and credible reasons to believe the most likely ensuing scenario in early to mid 2020)? As I noted, 96% plus of Irish adults over the age of 18 subsequently took a Covid vaccine. The kangos, allowing for relucant vaccine takers, are therefore in minority of about 5%. If we infer that around 70% of Irish adults – probably more, I guess – would have opted for a self imposed lockdown, you would have been looking at a type of societal chaos for which the kangos possessed not even the scree of a credible solution. Impatience counts as virtue only in certain circumstances.

2 Faced with the public’s self imposed restrictions, what could the (Irish) government have done? The plain reality is that the government, so as to keep businesses open, would have had to issue mandates compelling people to travel. The kangos, on their own account, would have backed such measures, leaving them not against government mandates per se but merely against particular mandates, such as a vaccine one. The word ‘hypocrisy’ flits into the air. Of course, this scenario, in which work travel was mandated, would have led to further and deeper chaos. Yet the kangos have no appetite for taking thought on such torturously complex issues. Which is why I can muster little or no respect for their maunderings, then and now.

1 Like

Believe what you want.

1 Like

I will pal. I know you’ll do the same.

1 Like

We’ll all be dead anyway

1 Like

Look, ‘natural immunity’ is just bullshit speak for ‘everyone getting Covid willy nilly from the get go’. Call the concept what it actually is. ‘Natural immunity’ is a crock of shit.

My own family has seen remarkably little Covid infection overall, buĂ­ochas le Dia and touch wood (because tomorrow could be the day). Perhaps there is just some weird genetic resistance there. I do not know but we all took the vaccine shot.

Transhumanism is a frightening prospect in the wrong hands.

The latest science states that natural immunity is equivalent to two rounds of the vaccine. As in 12-18 months cover.

Another clown who craves my attention… I could not care less what you think of me or of this online persona or of anything else. Your comment about Ballyhale says much. Like that other gobshite from Galway, you are driven by envy and resentment, simply because you have nothing of interest to say. Meanwhile there are lads here who appear to have memorized a great deal of what I have spun out at a moment’s thought – which is extremely funny.

I also know who you are. You do a lot of mouthing in funny places and I know a lot of people from Tipp. You appear to have a funny fixation with me, which quite a few people have noted. You are also as big a pain in the hole in real life, by most accounts, as you are here. But hey, you get a Mr Consistency prize. Take what is going, because not much will come your way. I will even send you the price of a subscription to The Guardian.