Zlatan - a thread for the former non believers to apologise

[quote=“Monkey Allen”]I read an interview with Capello lately where he said the three best players he ever managed were Maldini, Baresi and Van Basten.

Looks like those of us who claim Van Basten was better are right after all (considering none of us here can argue with Capello).

I have found reference to it here:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sports/capello-reveals-his-loves-and-fears-in-magazine-interview_100248577.html[/quote]

Fabio Capello, the England coach who helped him to two league titles at Juventus, told Italy’s La Repubblica: "When Zlatan arrived in Italy he was a rough diamond. But now he is very complete, the best striker in the world and impossible to mark inside the penalty area. I know comparing Van Basten to Ibrahimovic is like comparing Picasso to Rothko, but I believe that because of his power and his technique Zlatan will become stronger than Marco.

you’re not reading between the lines fake crake…Zlatan obviously lacks confidence…all his managers go public to big him up in an effort to restore that confidence…:rolleyes:

So he thinks Van Basten is better but in the future Zlatan will be stronger.

capello manages the english team & not barca:rolleyes:

no, he said that in the past & in relation to the past the future is now the present so he is better now - capiche?

capello knows how insecure Zlatan is perhaps and is giving him a boost from a far…

Good grief, he is the most overrated player on the planet," exclaimed O’Neill in his pundit’s role at the last World Cup.

says the man who paid 12 million for stuart downning:D:D

Sheer artistry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWjhT6S9Eko

I’ll apologise when he apologises for 9/11.

Why are Barcelona away shirts always so ghey?

:smiley:

Still don’t rate him. A fatter version of Inzaghi prospering off the geniuses that surround him at a great club.

but inzaghi was an amazing an incredible footballer too

Amazingly offside 90% of the time and very good at standing in a stationary position so Pirlo could aim to richochet the ball into the goal off him.

This is hard to do and say… But I must apologise. I was blind, but now I can see. Praise the lord…

[quote=“croppy_boy”]Amazingly offside 90% of the time and very good at standing in a stationary position so Pirlo could aim to richochet the ball into the goal off him.[/quote]:clap: If only the oppisition managers saw that at the time!

:rolleyes:

he is a great great goalscorer - if you want to worship non entities so be it but he is one of the finest strikers of the last 50 years

:clap:

He is a great great goalscorer - if you want to worship non entities so be it but he is one of the finest strikers of the last 50 years[/quote]

he would be among the ilk of Andy Cole and Ian Rush for being a good opportunist without ever scoring a spectacular effort or showing much imagination or a deft touch on the field of play.

Zlatan differs in that when he gets tired he might just pull on the ball and hope for the best. That and the fact that he’s fat.

[quote=“croppy_boy”]he would be among the ilk of Andy Cole and Ian Rush for being a good opportunist without ever scoring a spectacular effort or showing much imagination or a deft touch on the field of play.

Zlatan differs in that when he gets tired he might just pull on the ball and hope for the best. That and the fact that he’s fat.[/quote]And has a huuuge nose!