Zlatan better than van basten

the result of this poll shows that there are many people on the forum that there are too many GGA & west brit idiotball fans on this forum

It’s laughable in the extreme. That’s what it is.

Has thefreekick moderator Larry duff spoke on this yet?

Eto’o has scored bags of goals in the Spanish League as well as winning two Champions League.

Ibrahimovic’s achievements are not as impressive as that.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Eto’o has scored bags of goals in the Spanish League as well as winning two Champions League.

What has Ibrahimovic done?[/quote]

Ibrahimovic has become the benchmark for every other player to try and match up to. In short he is a God.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Eto’o has scored bags of goals in the Spanish League as well as winning two Champions League.

Ibrahimovic’s achievements are not as impressive as that.[/quote]

He’s a goalscorer. Zlatan scores and creates all sorts of goals and is one of the most skillful and complete players of all time. His footballing ability is so far greater than someone like Eto’o that a comparison is ridiculous. The transfer deal between the two players clearly emphasises this.

Christ I thought you would come up with something better than that.

Are you fucking listening to me! Zlatan is a God and those who deny his greatness shall suffer.

Yuo think a penalty box striker is better than someone who knits a whole team together and scores and creates goals of outstanding quality and beauty. Fair enough - we look for different things when watching football obviously.

Knits a whole team together - my hole!

What has Ibrahimovic ever done on a European level in comparison to Eto’o?

:pint::clap:

Ibrahimovic’s achievements are not as impressive as that.[/quote]

Ibrahimovic has won countless league titles with Ajax, Juventus* and Inter and has scored bags of goals in the process…By the time he leaves Barrcelona I fully expect him to have at the very least one champions league medal, minimum…

Can someone throw up that last minute goal he got against Italy at euro 2004…that was pure class

• granted Juventus were subsequenty stripped of them titles but that had nothing to do with Ibra…

[quote=“The Puke”]Ibrahimovic has won countless league titles with Ajax, Juventus* and Inter and has scored bags of goals in the process…By the time he leaves Barrcelona I fully expect him to have at the very least one champions league medal, minimum…

Can someone throw up that last minute goal he got against Italy at euro 2004…that was pure class

• granted Juventus were subsequenty stripped of them titles but that had nothing to do with Ibra…[/quote]

i hate when people score against my beloved Italy but when that happened i was gobsmacked & cheered the utter briliance of it

It was a goal that very few strikers would have scored…

[quote=“The Puke”]Ibrahimovic has won countless league titles with Ajax, Juventus* and Inter and has scored bags of goals in the process…By the time he leaves Barrcelona I fully expect him to have at the very least one champions league medal, minimum…
[/quote]

Trying to predict his achievements in Europe doesn’t count as actual acheivements where he has done nothing.

And Inter and Juventus would be considered clubs with a decent European pedigree - it’s not as if he was playing for a small club.

So basically what you’re saying is that Zlatan has to play for a no mark club and win the Champions League with them to be considered great?

No it’s not. Stop twisting things.

He has done nothing in European competition despite playing for some of the biggest teams in Europe - that is my point.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]No it’s not. Stop twisting things.

He has done nothing in European competition despite playing for some of the biggest teams in Europe - that is my point.[/quote]

And that point would be incorrect.

right

on the first day he won the champions league… oh wait he didn’t
on the second day he won the european championship…oh wait he didn’t
on the third day he won the world cup…oh wait he didn’t
on the fourth day he won european footballer of the year…oh wait he didn’t
on the fifth day he won world player of the year…oh wait he didn’t
on the 6 th day he was listed in pele’s top 100 players in the world…oh wait he didn’t

and on the sabbath he scored a goal against reggina to thunderous ejaculations from flano and bandage

some god alright:D

So by your logic farmer Fernando Torres isn’t as good as Eto’o because he hasn’t won a champions league medal…The Juventus and Inter teams he was at were above average to good teams and not at the same level as this current Barcelona team…I don’t think Ibra can be solely blamed for their lack of success…

Raul was superb for Real Madrid in Europe at teh start of the decade when Madrid had a super team but anytime I have seem him play for Real in Europe over the past 3 or 4 years he has been shite but I don’t see you writting him off…