Zlatan better than van basten

[quote=“artfoley”]right

on the first day he won the champions league… oh wait he didn’t
on the second day he won the european championship…oh wait he didn’t
on the third day he won the world cup…oh wait he didn’t
on the fourth day he won european footballer of the year…oh wait he didn’t
on the fifth day he won world player of the year…oh wait he didn’t
on the 6 th day he was listed in pele’s top 100 players in the world…oh wait he didn’t

and on the sabbath he scored a goal against reggina to thunderous ejaculations from flano and bandage

some god alright:D[/quote]

Come on now Art - that is hardly a worthy ‘award’. I think Pele had a woman in it as well as El Hadji Diouf.

[quote=“The Puke”]So by your logic farmer Fernando Torres isn’t as good as Eto’o because he hasn’t won a champions league medal…The Juventus and Inter teams he was at were above average to good teams and not at the same level as this current Barcelona team…I don’t think Ibra can be solely blamed for their lack of success…

Raul was superb for Real Madrid in Europe at teh start of the decade when Madrid had a super team but anytime I have seem him play for Real in Europe over the past 3 or 4 years he has been shite but I don’t see you writting him off…[/quote]

raul = past it
ibra = never had it

[quote=“The Puke”]So by your logic farmer Fernando Torres isn’t as good as Eto’o because he hasn’t won a champions league medal…The Juventus and Inter teams he was at were above average to good teams and not at the same level as this current Barcelona team…I don’t think Ibra can be solely blamed for their lack of success…

Raul was superb for Real Madrid in Europe at teh start of the decade when Madrid had a super team but anytime I have seem him play for Real in Europe over the past 3 or 4 years he has been shite but I don’t see you writting him off…[/quote]

It’s a patently ridiculous argument from him, Puke. Wouldn’t waste my time using logic when you’re dealing with the likes of Farmer and Fooley.

Fuck Pele sure he can’t even get a horn naturally anymore, don’t think he is in any position to judge anyone

van basten
Honours
:D:pint::smiley:
[edit] Club honours

Ajax

• UEFA Cup Winners Cup
    o Winner (1): 1987
  • Dutch Championship
    o Winner (3): 198182, 198283, 198485
  • Dutch Cup
    o Winner (3): 1983, 1986, 1987

Milan

• European Cup (now called: UEFA Champions League)
    o Winner (2): 1989, 1990
  • Intercontinental Cup
  • European Supercup
  • Serie A
    o Winner (3): 198788, 199192, 199293
  • Italian Super Cup
    o Winner (3): 1988, 1992, 1993

[edit] International honours

• UEFA European Championship
    o Winner (1): 1988

[edit] Individual honours

• FIFA World Player of the Year: 1992
  • World Soccer Player of the Year: 1988, 1992
  • UEFA Best Player of the Year: 1989, 1990, 1992
  • IFFHS Best Player of the Year: 1988, 1989, 1990
  • Onze d’Or: 1988, 1989
  • Onze d’Argent: 1987, 1992
  • Bravo Award: 1987
  • UEFA European Championship 1988 Top Scorer and Best Player with 5 goals
  • European Footballer of the Year: 1988, 1989, 1992
  • Dutch Footballer of the Year: 198485
  • FIFA 100 (List of the greatest living footballers picked by Pel): 2004
  • European Golden Boot: 198586
  • European Silver Boot: 198384
  • European Cup Top Scorer: 1989
  • European Cup Silver Top Scorer: 1993
  • Dutch League Top Scorer: 198384, 198485, 198586, 198687
  • Serie A Top Scorer: 198990, 199192
  • Serie A Silver Top Scorer: 198889
  • World Golden Boot: 198586

ibra

Honours
:D:D:D
[edit] Ajax

• Eredivisie: 2001-02, 2003-04
  • KNVB Cup: 2001-02
  • Johan Cruijff-schaal: 2002-03

[edit] Internazionale

• Italian Serie A: 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
  • Italian Super Cup : 2006, 2008

[edit] Individual

• Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
  • Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008
  • Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008
  • Serie A Goal of the Year: 2008
  • Guldbollen: 2005, 2007, 2008
  • Jerringpriset (Sweden’s Sports Personality of the Year): 2007
  • Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007
  • UEFA Team of the Year: 2007

The difference though Puke is that Torres is a much superior player to Ibramhimovic. He has also delivered on the European stage with goals in big games, Chelsea in the semis in 2008, Arsenal in the quarters the same year, Chelsea in the quarters in 2009. He has also won a European Championship scoring the winning goal in the final.

Raul is the top scorer in the CL. Sure he is not as good as he was, I don’t ever think I said he was, but he has done it in the past.

I cannot recall Ibrahimovic delivering at all on the European stage.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]The difference though Puke is that Torres is a much superior player to Ibramhimovic. He has also delivered on the European stage with goals in big games, Chelsea in the semis in 2008, Arsenal in the quarters the same year, Chelsea in the quarters in 2009. He has also won a European Championship scoring the winning goal in the final.

Raul is the top scorer in the CL. Sure he is not as good as he was, I don’t ever think I said he was, but he has done it in the past.

I cannot recall Ibrahimovic delivering at all on the European stage.[/quote]

why do you think capello rates him so highly?

And…

He has done nothing on a European Stage. That’s it really.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]And…

He has done nothing on a European Stage. That’s it really.[/quote]

but capello who is a good judge of these sort of things has compared him to van basten- why do you think that is?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]And…

He has done nothing on a European Stage. That’s it really.[/quote]

He’s scored goals in the World Cup, Euros and in European club competition, as well as being prolific in domestic leagues and creates a barrel load of chances too. But carry on. :pint:

You no what maybe farmer is right and spoofers like Capello, Guardiola and Mourinho are completely wrong…

You can’t place much emphasis on that.

I go by his record. I saw him play in the flesh against Liverpool in 2008 and he was very poor. He never seemed to deliver for a top class player on the biggest stage.

Surely you can accept that?

:pint:

That Capello lad cant make his mind up

Marco was the greatest centre forward that I’ve ever trained, he was a swan, Capello told Il Giornale.

I remember watching Italian football on Network 2 and Van Basten was playing awful. He was wearing new boots and went over and changed back to his old ones about 50 minutes in. He then promptly scored a hat-track. Quality stuff.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]You can’t place much emphasis on that.

I go by his record. I saw him play in the flesh against Liverpool in 2008 and he was very poor. He never seemed to deliver for a top class player on the biggest stage.

Surely you can accept that?[/quote]

:pint:

You saw him play in the flesh once and he was poor.

That’s that settled then. :thumbsup:

You saw him play in the flesh once and he was poor.

That’s that settled then. :thumbsup:[/quote]

No - he hasn’t delivered in Europe.

And you have failed to give me one example of where he has.

Never mind - he appears to be one of your pet loves. Fine but it’s getting a bit tiresome now.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]No - he hasn’t delivered in Europe.

And you have failed to give me one example of where he has.

Never mind - he appears to be one of your pet loves. Fine but it’s getting a bit tiresome now.[/quote]

All it takes is a cursory glance at his record to confirm that he has. I’m not going to spoon feed you, however.

The auld Monday night roundup show, a different class that was. The scoreline graphics would come up at the side of the tv like in the World Cup. Brilliant. MNS of a slightly different type :smiley:

Yeah that’s the one. It was brilliant. Used be on around half 8 I think so there was never any staying up issues, an added bonus.